The 12 Steps in Reverse!
After reading the 12 Steps in Reverse, though -- I can honestly say that there have been prime moments in my life when discovered that on some of the 12 Steps, I definitely was practicing them in reverse!
AA 12 STEPS IN REVERSE!<9>It is highly suggested that you NOT try this!
- 1. I declare my complete control over alcohol and everything else; and further declare that my life is in perfect order
- 2. I recognize no power as great as I am; nor any person as smart as I am, and if you don't like it come outside
- 3. I made a decision to run my life and everyone else's life to suit only me - and I pity those who get in my way.
- 4. I make a searching and through inventory of everyone other than myself - and find them woefully lacking in all respects; and I never hesitate to tell them so.
- 5. I admitted to no one, including, God and Myself, that there could possibly be anything wrong with me, or my actions.
- 6. I went to extreme efforts to protect and increase my defects of character-and did a little drinking besides.
- 7. I continued my obnoxious arrogant air of asking no one for anything-my Big Eye was for telling, not asking.
- 8. I kept a complete list of all persons who had harmed me, either real or imaginary, and swore to get even with them all.
- 9. I got even where possible, except when to do so might injure me.
- 10. I continued to bitch and whine about everything to everyone and, when I was right, promptly reminded them.
- 11. I sought through scheming and conniving to materially improve myself - at the expense of my fellow man. I ever hesitate, when the opportunity presents itself, to bring disaster and misery to anyone who happens to cross my path.
- 12. Having had a complete moral, physical, financial and spiritual breakdown, all of my remaining effort was directed toward dragging those near me - and dear to me - down to these same depths of despair; And I did a little drinking too.
From: AA Grapevine ? Maybe! It's been printed in several AA Newsletters over the years.
20 Questions Self-Test - Are you alcoholic? Take this test and then you decide.
Alcoholic Self Test using the Big Book Description This is a simple Self-Test Signs and Symptoms of Alcoholic and Definition. While it may not be scientific enough you can ask your doctor about it!