The 12 Steps in Reverse!Intended for humor, because the results would be traject, one A.A. Member submits what the 12 Steps would look like in reverse!
After reading the 12 Steps in Reverse, though -- I can honestly say that there have been prime moments in my life when discovered that on some of the 12 Steps, I definitely was practicing them in reverse!
AA 12 STEPS IN REVERSE!<9>It is highly suggested that you NOT try this!
- 1. I declare my complete control over alcohol and everything else; and further declare that my life is in perfect order
- 2. I recognize no power as great as I am; nor any person as smart as I am, and if you don't like it come outside
- 3. I made a decision to run my life and everyone else's life to suit only me - and I pity those who get in my way.
- 4. I make a searching and through inventory of everyone other than myself - and find them woefully lacking in all respects; and I never hesitate to tell them so.
- 5. I admitted to no one, including, God and Myself, that there could possibly be anything wrong with me, or my actions.
- 6. I went to extreme efforts to protect and increase my defects of character-and did a little drinking besides.
- 7. I continued my obnoxious arrogant air of asking no one for anything-my Big Eye was for telling, not asking.
- 8. I kept a complete list of all persons who had harmed me, either real or imaginary, and swore to get even with them all.
- 9. I got even where possible, except when to do so might injure me.
- 10. I continued to bitch and whine about everything to everyone and, when I was right, promptly reminded them.
- 11. I sought through scheming and conniving to materially improve myself - at the expense of my fellow man. I ever hesitate, when the opportunity presents itself, to bring disaster and misery to anyone who happens to cross my path.
- 12. Having had a complete moral, physical, financial and spiritual breakdown, all of my remaining effort was directed toward dragging those near me - and dear to me - down to these same depths of despair; And I did a little drinking too.
From: AA Grapevine ? Maybe! It's been printed in several AA Newsletters over the years.
20 Questions Self-Test - Are you alcoholic? Take this test and then you decide.
Alcoholic Self Test using the Big Book Description This is a simple Self-Test Signs and Symptoms of Alcoholic and Definition. While it may not be scientific enough you can ask your doctor about it!