Here are the steps we took, which are suggested as a program of recovery...
The 12 Steps are on page 59-60, Alcoholics Anonymous, the Big Book
- 1. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol - that our lives had become unmanageable.
- 2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- 3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- 4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- 5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- 6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- 7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- 8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
- 9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- 10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- 11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- 12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
For many of us -- we got sober and remained miserable. We werent getting better. We only THOUGHT that we were actually taking the Steps and practicing the 12 Steps.
Here is the Great Fact For Us...
We were doing it wrong!
Once we got the Big Book out and really started following the instructions PRECISELY to TAKE the Steps BEFORE trying to practice the Steps -- we not only began to see progress -- we became transformed!
You NEVER have to drink or use again.
You CAN be restored to sanity -- and live a very sane, healthy and good life!
There IS a Solution. The Solution is in The Big Book.
20 Questions Self-Test - Are you alcoholic? Take this test and then you decide.
Alcoholic Self Test using the Big Book Description — This is a simple Self-Test Signs and Symptoms of Alcoholic and Definition. While it may not be scientific enough you can ask your doctor about it!
What is Alcohol Poisoning? — Is it true that it is very often fatal and can kill you?
What are Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms? Can you die withdrawing from alcohol? — YES!
What is Alcoholic Liver Disease? Do you know someone that you think drinks too much? What is one of the long-terms symptoms associated with alcohol abuse and alcoholism. Here you can find out about Alcoholic Liver Disease.
What is Medical Definition of an Alcoholic and Alcoholism? — Do you want to know what the MEDICAL definition of Alcoholic, or Alcohol Abuse is?
Rehab And Treatment Center Glossary & Definitions of Terms used in Addiction Rehab, Recovery & Treatment
Alcohol Addiction Recovery Forum — Help for alcohol abuse alcoholics drug addiction recovery with online discussions and answers to many questions.
Treatment Programs: Do you need treatment?
Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome Get help immediately!
Alcoholic Self Test
20 Questions alcoholic self-test
The Doctor's Opinion, from the book, Alcoholics Anonymous
Emotional Sobriety: What is it? How do you get it?
Rehab Treatment and Recovery Definitions
Alcohol Poisoning? — Yes. It can kill you.
Medical Definition of an Alcoholic