- 10TH STEP WORK--4TH STEP PRINCIPLE

10TH STEP WORK--4TH STEP PRINCIPLE

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

10TH STEP WORK--4TH STEP PRINCIPLE

Postby ROBERT » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:10 am

DALLAS SUGGESTED A TABLET AND WRITING DOWN 10 STEP WORK..I GOT ONE AND DID,THEN I SAW HIS SUGGESTION ON THE WRITING THE PROMISES AND ASKING MY SELF QUESTIONS IN REGARDS TO THEM--THANK YOU DALLAS---SOME VERY HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS--THERE IS POWER IN PEN AND PAPER THAT GOES ON IN THE MIND I'M NOT AWARE OF--A VERY POWERFUL TOOL & PRINCIPLE.....
ROBERT

Postby Dallas » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:21 am

Thank you Robert! I appreciate you.

Since we start the daily 10th Step while we're still working on our 9th Step -- and if you'll notice, near the top of page 83, BB, dealing with Step 9 -- Bill writes about Step 11 stuff... and in the following pages... for Step 10, he appears to include some stuff that would seem like it should be in Step 11, and then, when we read on to the instructions for Step 11, he's back into self-examination, etceteras, like 10th Step work.

Also, on page 88, where he writes of discipline...

Then, he later went on to write the 12&12... and in Step 11 in 12&12... he talks about creative imagination and visualization as a possible suggestion for including in the practice of Step 11....

By taking those instructions, line by line, from page 83-88, BB... we can create a little self-examination test for ourselves by asking our self if we have experienced... the experience that he writes about...

And, then, use the 4th Step process for part of our daily Step 10, and the 10th Step Inventory... for another part of our daily 10th Step... and tie that all in by wrapping it up in the instructions for Step 11... and it provides a very simple, fast and workable Daily Time Management and Living Blueprint to move us from out of our holes onto Higher Ground, achieving sobriety... growing in understanding and effectiveness... and the guide to creating the Good Life that we often have only dreamed about having.

It's awesome and the results are so dynamic when it's all interwoven together and practiced on a daily basis.

I love the begining sentences in the 12&12 for Step 10... where Bill indicates that our following the instructions for Steps 4 through 9, has provided the foundation... and part of the formula... for our Daily Program.

It's amazing how it all fits together... and it keeps me amazed each time I discover something in it that I hadn't seen in the past.

It's almost like a meta-program inside the program! :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ROBERT » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:23 am

THANK YOU DALLAS.....YOUR EXPERIENCE IS SOOO HELPFUL ---THEIR IS A PRACTICAL DIMENSION TO YOUR SUGGESTIONS THAT I INCORPERATE INTO MY DAY,THE WRITING DISCIPLINE IS GOOD FOR ME.IT IS WORK THAT CAN EASILY BE CAST TO ONE SIDE...SO THE PRINCIPLE OF DISCIPLINE IS AT WORK HERE --WITHOUT INSTANT GRATIFICATION, MY MIND&THINKING(THE REAL PROBLEM) CAN CONVINCE ITSELF THIS IS OF NO VALUE (WRITING) SO SCREW IT---THATS HOW MY MIND OPERATES-VERY SELF DESTRUCTIVE,THANKS TO THE 12 STEP WORK I AM AWARE OF THIS TRANSACTION IN MY BRAIN AND HAVE THE ABILITY ,BY GODS GRACE TO OVER RIDE THESE NEGATIVE THOUGHT PATTERNS AND PUSH FORWARD--SORTA SOME STEP 2 STUFF HERE --SO DISCIPLINE IS A MAJOR FACTOR,ONE THAT I INTEND TO SHARE W/MY FELLOWS,AND ESPECIALLY THE NEW MEN THAT I WORK WITH THAT HELP ME SO MUCH-TODAY I CARE FOR OTHERS --WHAT A GIFT-SUCH A RADICAL CHANGE FOR THE GOOD THIS PROGRAM DELIVERS.GOD, WHAT EVER THAT IS-IS AN AWFULLY WISE AND LOVING FORCE THAT CREATED THIS AWESOME WAY UP AND OUT....GOD BLESS...ROBERT
ROBERT

Postby sunlight » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:47 pm

Hi Robert,
Just wanted to say thank you for being here.
You doing your work on the steps is giving me so much inspiration in doing mine.
Can't chat now, but keep on steppin' !!! :wink:
sunlight

Postby Dallas » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:43 pm

Thank you.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

#WOW

Postby robbiechaos » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:21 am

WOW- Dallas you are the Man- The meta program inside the program like the bible code. The genius of this book is remarkable. Truely inspired Thank You
robbiechaos

Postby Dallas » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:46 am

I honestly do not think that Bill W. comprehended what he wrote -- when writing the Big Book. Sure, he had an understanding of what he was writing -- but the finished results would take years of the "more to be revealed"... in regards to his words. Divine intervention? Spiritual inspiration? I believe it was. Much like the people that wrote letters and books and prophecy in the Bible. Those authors had no idea that what they were writing would eventually be compiled in a book called the Bible. And, they had no knowledge -- of how one of the writers would fill in the missing pieces to puzzles, that bothered another writer. The Big Book is an incredible piece of literature. And, imagine... Bill was only three years sober -- when he wrote the book! I don't know of any AA that could have written a book like that at three years months sober!
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby angel143 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:12 pm

You could have written a book like that Dallas...I know you could have!!!

Your brain amazes me.
angel143

Postby DiggerinVA » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:53 pm

Dallas I agree with you, Bill probably did not comprehend what was written, even though much was borrowed and redefined.

I'm really glad to have hit Wally P.'s seminar. If for nothing else but the visual of how the 4 and 10 step were done back in the 40's and 50's. It made it a very efficient process. Steps 4,5,6,7,8 and 9 on a daily basis with a kicker of the Third. Who does not have the time.
DiggerinVA

Gods seeds

Postby robbiechaos » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:24 am

I think when we create the right conditions in ourselves we allow A higher power to plant the seed of divine inspiration. I mean if you wanted to plaNT A SEED say of a tomatoe plant. You would make sure you created or chose a place with the right conditions to flourish. You would make sure it got sun, water and the right kind of soil. Maybe when we create the rightt conditions spiritually we invite divine inspiration in. It seems like through the ages of man this has been true. Many faiths and traditions have such spiritual purification rituals. Any many Holy Texts have been authored by people whos spirit was so prepared.
robbiechaos

Next

Return to 12 Steps