- willingness to change, or step6

willingness to change, or step6

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Postby Dallas » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:12 am

Thanks for the post JR. Very good stuff!!! Nice to see it here.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:44 pm

JR..I've always heard it to be said."It's progress no perfection..Good Stuff guys..thanks :wink: Love..The Angel :D
Angel

Postby Dallas » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:48 am

It’s unfortunate that the often misquoted part of a sentence in the Big Book, “progress rather than perfectionâ€
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Angel » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:36 am

Thanks..Dallas I stand corrected..I guess maybe I should go back and study it some more..thanks..Angel :wink:
Angel

Postby Rusty Zipper » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:43 am

hi AAAngel, and Mr BB! what a surprise to come on line and see this post. tonights BB meets was. "There is a Soulution" one of the two most important chapters in the BB for me, the other "A Vision for You" without geting into a discussion about Progress, not Perfection. i would like to share what i did at the meets There is solution. almost none of us liked the self-searching, the leveling of our pride, the confessions of shortcomings which the process requires for its successful consumation... it go's on to say. some of our alcoholic readers may think they can do without spiritual help. also for amplification-see Appendix 2 Spiritual Experience... we talk spiritual growth. my journey towards this started the day i asked for help. then my first sober one day... when i said Hi, i'm Patrick, and i'm an alcoholic. when i got a sponser, a home group. did 90 meets-90 days. every day when i smile, when i laugh, when i reach out, and when i can cry. cry tears of gratitude when i'm telling my story. as you might se. the list goes on. for me this is spiritual growth. i have the belief, the faith, and the trust in TPTB! so far we got this far together!!! ty! the end result. Step12. yup, by this time all the gratitude, the prayers, the meetings. doing the next right thing. and at times, my self-will does resit it. Me Band of Gypsy's in me head do not like all this change. the big "Phoey" they say. they like that same old comfortable place. that place called self-absorbtion. so my spiritual experience is the joy of living! thanks for letting me share. the best wishes to all! xoxo, Rusty :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Angel » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:56 pm

Thanks for sharing Rusty... :) I love how you share, straight from the heart, no intellectual Bull Crap!! You call it as you see it..and your gratitude towards the rooms and H.P. are overwhelming!! You've been a source of strength for me!! And I Thank You for that..!! :wink: Love..The Angel :D
Angel

Postby Rusty Zipper » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:20 pm

ty for the kind words AAAngel! lol ... xo, PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Previous

Return to 12 Steps