- I need to start now

I need to start now

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

I need to start now

Postby Madmax » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:35 am

Hi I feel I need to start my forth step now, Im haveing trouble finding a sponser here most are booked up or retired leaving those that are younger than me in sobriety.
Id like to just start haveing a look at myself and start working on some of my resentments.
Ive been on step 1 for about 6 years unsuccessfully. 2&3 Im ok with I just tend to get in Gods way.
I believe because of all the Cr#p im carrying around in me. Abit like a dirty bird cage. Nothing has changed because nothing has changed in me.
How far back do I go?
For Example; I was Adopted as a Baby so Im resentful at my mother for giving me up.
Help please!
Madmax

Postby DiggerinVA » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:24 am

If you feel it, list it.

Then talking it out.

Eventually to will forgive her, and that will feel very good.
DiggerinVA

Postby youngsobriety6of07 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:02 pm

I am a member of CA. We have a very small district and there are very few sober women fit to sponsor. I had to look outside my fellowship into AA for my sponsor, and it has made all the difference.

Congrats on being willing to start your 4th. I would suggest that you find a sponsor immediately upon starting this step because you will dig up alot of old resentments. I needed someone to talk to while I was doing mine because once I started writing the tears started flowing. It was hard for me to remember everything I had done (harms) and everything I thought was done to me.

Prayer is absolutely imperative through this process. "Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves" The opposite of fear is FAITH!!

In my experience, I cannot complete a 4th step until my sponsor checks my thinking on it (my part in it, and defines resentments)

In our district, we like to say (and no offense meant by this at all!) "If you are sponsoring yourself, your sponsor is a moron"

Also, its not the quantity of time, it is the quality of sobriety that matters. If someone only has 2 years, but has been through all 12 steps successfully, I wouldn't pay too much attention to the amount of time, but rather to what they can offer to you.
Good luck!!
youngsobriety6of07

Return to 12 Steps