- Hello I am new to the site & Female

Hello I am new to the site & Female

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Hello I am new to the site & Female

Postby EileenUK » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:05 am

Looking for other females. I live in the UK and am 6 months sober and about to start my step 4 also have a great sponser with 7 years behind her. Have lost a husband because of my drinking and a daughter of 23 years who will have nothing to do with me and a son of 22 who lives with me and is very supportive.
Hope to here from some women please.
Kind regards
EileenUK
EileenUK

Postby GeoffS » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:34 pm

Hi Eileen, welcome aboard.

This is a great site, some great advice and discussions, stick around and join in.

Geoff
GeoffS

Hi Geoff

Postby EileenUK » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:37 pm

I will stick around I have gained so much info today on my 12 step programme and it is not nearley as daunting as I thought it was going to be. Thanks for replying to me.
Kind regards
Eileen
EileenUK

Postby sunlight » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi Eileen!

I too am a sober female - the best kind of female to be! :wink:

Saw your question about step 4 and what worked for me was what Geoff posted: just do it!

Once I got started, the lightbulb came on and the step gained a momentum of it's own. I realized that I could do this; that I could, with God's help, take a fearless and honest look at myself and not run away or drink.

Welcome! Can't post long but wanted to say hello & keep on steppin'! :D
sunlight

Stepping

Postby EileenUK » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:41 pm

Sunlight many thaanks suddenley I do not feel alone anymore and when you hit your rock bottom you defo feel very lonely as alcohol has squeezed everything out f your life.
I have so much info I am really ready to get pen to paper in the morning however it is in the morning over here nearley 3am.
But I have taken this time to get on with it as I have been warned it could be very emotionally draining!
EileenUK

Spelling

Postby EileenUK » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:43 pm

Sorry about the spelling mistakes just noticed them after I had posted a reply back to you.
Kind regards
Eileen
EileenUK

Postby ccs » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:08 am

Hi Eileen I`m Cessie nice to meet you I like meeting new Sisters :D
Yeah I say the same thing just do it !!
I learned that the 4th step wasnt as scary as I thought with a good sponsor and following the directions in the big book
it was actually quite relieving like that big proverbial weight off of my chest :lol:

so keep on keepin on I`m looking forward to hearing more from you keep us posted and Welcome to our little cyber family Keeep coming back !!!

Luv-2-All your Sister in Sobriety

Cess
ccs

Hi

Postby EileenUK » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:17 am

Thanks Cessie this will be a great site when I don't have a meeting as I live in a remote part of the UK.
Kind regards
Eileen
EileenUK

Return to 12 Steps