- Using the Step 4 pdf files

Using the Step 4 pdf files

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Using the Step 4 pdf files

Postby catman50 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi All,

I am so happy to find this site:) I am working with my sponsor and am starting to write my 4th step. I have downloaded the pdf files from here and want to use these to document my 4th Step since I will be saving this for a long time, but I cant figure out how to edit and write on the pdf files. It looks like the security setting allows this but I dont have the full adobe program, only the reader, is that the problem?

Any help or direction is appreciated! :D
catman50

Postby catman50 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:08 pm

i found the answer here in the forum, never mind thanks

http://www.step12.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1074
catman50

Postby Dallas » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:08 pm

Welcome to the site Catman!

The reason is: The 4th Step shouldn't be typed. Handwritten. Black ink. White paper.... IF you want to do it like the Big Book suggests.

Here's a link to one of a few discussions on it here in the forum:
www.step12.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... =pen+paper

The idea of the worksheets is like a "map" or "guide" through the Big Book's instructions to take the 4th Step.

Some people make copies of the pages and then -- with "pen and ink" write their info on the page. This helps guide them through the Step so that they are thorough with it.

Not enough room to write? Writing too much detail can be as much of a problem as not writing enough. A separate sheet can be used for a note with a particular item and then number the item and the note, so that you can go over it in the 5th Step.

The 4th Step items -- as you see how Bill lays them out in the BB, are very short. Just a few words w/ each -- because it's a notation "in a general way" what happened.

Often, people get exhausted writing a 4th Step because they end up as if they're writing a book.

:wink:

Then, they get lost in the details without discovering just what it is that they are there to discover. The exact nature of their character defect, thorough, but in a general way.

I hope that helps. If not, please let me know. And, if you have other questions please ask. Your questions will be helpful to all of us.

Best wishes,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:29 pm

I like that! You're faster than me! When I need help finding something -- I hope you don't mind me asking for your help! :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby catman50 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Thank you! I was sort of an emotional wereck for a fewq days. Then it became apparent that I wasn't focusing on me and what needs to change in me, I was focusing outward and becoming agitated.

people, places and things.
catman50

Postby Dallas » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:57 pm

I understand. :lol: :lol: I do that too from time to time. :lol:

Happy Friday to you!!!! I hope today & this weekend will treat you well!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Re: Using the Step 4 pdf files

Postby dimples12562 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:47 am

Dallas which pages should I be using for the 4th step if I am using the the 4th Edition (outlined in your instructions you state reading pages 58-63 and 63-71 using the 3rd edition)
dimples12562

Postby Dallas » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:54 am

I think the only page number differences in the 3 & 4th edition is: The Doctor's Opinion and the Forwards & prefaces, and the Spiritual Experience appendices and the stories in the back.

The pages listed on the instructions and on the worksheets should all still be current with the regular page numbers in the BB. (As in pages 1 - 164.)

Let me know if you find something that has changed so I can get my hammer to fix it. LOL.

Or, if you have other questions. It helps me when people ask.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby dimples12562 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:59 am

I thought they were the same but I wanted to make sure :) Thanx Dallas!!!
dimples12562

Return to 12 Steps