- Starting my 4th/5th Step

Starting my 4th/5th Step

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Starting my 4th/5th Step

Postby lauriekn » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:27 pm

I just downloaded the 4th step worksheets and will begin this next process in my recovery... I have been putting it off for a while now, millions of excuses; but in the past couple weeks keep getting these glaring reminders or notations that I need to GET IT DONE!! So Thanks Dallas for having what I need here so that I can keep moving forward in my recovery...

I know I might have been able to ask my sponser if she had some sort of worksheet or whatever, but time was bad due to my procrastinating and now she has some serious issues that I feel akward in burdening her with silly questions...

I also know that my turning to her might help her with what she has going on (OMG, have I actually been listening) but It is a serious medical issue pertaining to her son, and they are waiting for awnsers... I am thinking that if I can get things started myself; then I can go to here with what I have and go from there... my question to those of you, WHERE/WHEN do I start, at the first drink, the first behavior??? I believe tha latter since I was a late starter of actually picking up a drink...

Well, what was going to be a short lil' note is per usual (I am a talker) a little on the lenghty side.... Have an awesome day and I will keep you posted!!

*hugs*
Laurie
lauriekn

Postby Rusty Zipper » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:00 am

hello de'r lauriekn... bravo for gets'n out of the procras. mode... how i started was dig'n back to the first resentment and the first harms done i could remember... drink, drug, or not... as you may have herd... " we were alk'y/addicts long before our first use... yet'r rip L... good wishes to ya... keep ask'n away... wadda ya got to loose :wink: xo, PC
Rusty Zipper

Postby crickit » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:02 pm

Dallas mentions a while ago that one way to do it was to go over all the people in your life and go from there. And, yes, I went right back to childhood. It really helped me alot, especially when it came to step 8 'who we have harmed' because some of those people were long gone and forgotten from my life. When doing the 4th, the resenments that come to mind are the ones on the surface and you know they are there. It wasn't until I started to look deeper that I found resenments lurking there that I didn't even know where still affecting me today.

I'm working the steps for the second time. The first time I did on my own and with my sponsor. This time I'm doing them in a step study with 3 other women. I find this way alot more meaningful. My sponsor still tells me that the mind is a very scary place and I'm to never go there alone LOL.

Congrat's on working the steps. It will make the world of difference in your recovery.

BB
Crickit
crickit

Postby Dallas » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:53 pm

Hey Laurie,

I just noticed that you started your 4th Step in January... and we haven't had an update from you. Are you still writing? :shock:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:49 am

yea, Laurie, how you doing... reminds me of the days i go out for a pack of cigs.... come back three weeks later! lol! .... hope all is well.. xxoo PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby blueangel » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:47 am

I looked at a baby picture of me all cute and cuddly maybe 2 months old and told my sponsor * look a picture of me a week before I became an alcoholic* go figure I started out in life clinging to that dam bottle :lol: :lol: :lol: Have a great 24 all and God Bless, Kay :D
blueangel

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:35 am

Kay, ya rock'd my Rule# 62 boat with this post... :lol: :lol: :lol: all good intentions, then action... xxoo ya.......... PC (_z_)
Rusty Zipper

Return to 12 Steps