- My Step Book... Step by Step

My Step Book... Step by Step

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

My Step Book... Step by Step

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:17 am

hey gang... hope all are well?... i'm home and glad to be... i was very shaky today for various reasons... point!... i did'nt have to use... bottom line... finaly got to my home group tonight... what step was it???... step 3... just what i put into use today...i brought my tired, coverless, tape'd together step book. the person next to me did not have one, and we shared. she asked. whats all this scribbl'n in here?... well gang, before this book discinergrates... i would like to share all the scribble's with you. step, by step. and i dont mean Niagra Falls! lol... all the writings were from people at meets, other recovery books, and my own thoughts at the time.... so here we go... step one... and they are in the order i wrote them... acceptance... when we admit to powerlessness, we are given the power we need to start our journey... hence Higher Power... the first step in humility and learning about alcoholic rationalization... this sep is important. it defines our problem. if we cant see our problem. how can we find a soulution?... if we think the problem is outside of ourself. we'l be looking in the wrong place for a solution... being pre-occupied with myself, and my drinking history... AA gives us the opportunity to surender to our alcoholism. but we have to have the wilingness to want to stay sober. both physicaly and spiritualy. i admitted i was powerless... the whole program is here for that time i have to make a decision to drink or not... well thats what the notes i have in step one... i do step two soon.... if any think may help someone... my job is carried out... good wishes to all, bless, and love you all... PC :wink:...ps...forgot one thing... " Surender" yourself to the Disease
Rusty Zipper

step-2

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:45 am

good mor'n all...seams like step-2's been a topic latelt all over the place, lol! ... today i would like to share more N & S from this well loved, but beat up Step Book... Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselfs could restore us to sanity.... #######....lifetime of self-centeredness.... tapping into a inner resourse.... shows me my alcoholic behaviours... defiant, judgement, and lots of it... admited we were powerless is a start, activities of the mind our a big part of the spirit...faith in a group, sponser, people, books and a power greater than me...wanted to get sober, nothing else... creation, the moon, plants animals, everything is perfect as it is. put me in the creation witout the ability to judge...i'm part of nature, i'm not bad right or wrong. i'm just the way i am... no self-judgement, no demons... " Beatitudes for the Begats" =happiness, aquire, to father... the program is about change...fait will restore me to sanity... breaking self-will... leaving behind what i suffer from... a power if not greater, at least equal, the people in the rooms... i used to say i stop'd D&D'n on my own, but it couldn't be. if i did, i will still be D & D'n....doing people things makes me feel one among many, i belong now.... well that s the scribble ... ####### none!!!... their just my notes... if just one line or word of this may help someone, my job was well done.... Happy Trudge'n.... xoxox Rusty
Rusty Zipper

Postby DebbieV » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Rusty,

Don't know if your on here anymore, havent heard from you, but you kindda left me hanging on the notes, I was looking forward to 3-12.
hope your still with us and using the beat up old book. ( I love to see BB like that, gives me a warm feeling inside.)
Hope to hear from ya,
Deb
DebbieV

Return to 12 Steps