- Having difficulty with Step 2?

Having difficulty with Step 2?

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Postby Rusty Zipper » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:33 am

yes, cinderb.. on a daily basis... as was past down to me, the work, time, belief, faith and trust in early recovery, be it the first, sec. or 50th time... makes the rest of our years so much better...

dont drink, go to meetings, clean house, trust God, or something other then ones-self... a 5 year old kid could have run my life better then me before i reached out and asked for help...

xxoo, PC

the realm of the spirit!
Rusty Zipper

Postby wareagle10 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:18 pm

This has been a very interesting post. I find that when the "HOW" concept is applied that when speaking of GOD it is a one way street. Those that believe in GOD say to those of us who have problems with GOD, that we are not being Honest, Open minded, and Willing to accept another idea or concept. But from where I am it is absolutely the other way around. If I don't accept your beliefs as my own then I am close minded and unwilling.

I believe that you believe there is a GOD, I believe that you believe that HE will do all good things for you, I believe that you believe that your sobriety is not of your doing but it is GOD's doing. I believe that you believe all those things and I don't have a problem with it, how much more accepting do you think I should be? While all the time you are telling me that I am not. Where do you put yourselves in this philosophy. Are you truly accepting and tolerant of my beliefs? I AM sober, I HAVE worked and taken the steps, some better and more complete than others, but I did them and have them in my consciousness every waking moment. I try to be of service where I can and where I cannot I try to guide the person to another who has experience in the area or areas that I do not or am failing in. I do not fake it until I make it in those areas.

God is a learned concept, TO ME. I do not believe that you are born with a belief in GOD. If so I would have one. I have no problem with GOD (if one exists), I may have when I die and one pops up. I just wish that those dogmatic individuals in AA would practice some of the program when it comes to tolerance and acceptance of others points of view. The program says a belief in a higher power, doesn't matter what it is as long as it has more power than you, or, me. I do believe that there are aliens from other planets and systems that are far more powerful than I. So I do have belief in a higher power, just not yours. I hope that your GOD takes care of you and that he,she,it keeps you close to the program and far from the drink. I wish all well and good sobriety whatever your beliefs.

Take care and straight ahead, John.

PS. Please, don't read anger into this post, this is passion, a close relative to anger, but a different connotational emotion.
wareagle10

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:52 pm

for me, this way, that way, sponsers way, BB way, Step way, the Unknown Comic's way.. ect, ect, ect, way ... it wasnt until i was compleatly exausted with Demon Alcohol, and everything it took from my loved ones, people i came into contact with, and myself ... it wasnt until then, i could use my "ONE", count it "ONE" day of sobriety to begin to believe... !!!

thanks for leting me share .... Rusty

xxoo, bless, and good wishes
Rusty Zipper

Conversion = change your mind.

Postby Dallas » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:15 am

A mind is a system of ideas, each with the excitement it arouses, and with tendencies impulsive and inhibitive, which mutually check or reinforce one another.

A mental system may be undermined or weakened by this interstitial alteration just as a building is, and yet for a time keep upright by dead habit. But a new perception, a sudden emotional shock, or an occasion which lays bare the organic alteration, will make the whole fabric fall together; and then the centre of gravity sinks into an attitude more stable, for the new ideas that reach the centre in the rearrangement seem now to be locked there, and the new structure remains permanent.

Emotional occasions, especially violent ones, are extremely potent in precipitating mental rearrangements. The sudden and explosive ways in which love, jealousy, guilt, fear, remorse, or anger can seize upon one are known to everybody. Hope, happiness, security, resolve, emotions characteristic of conversion, can be equally explosive. And emotions that come in this explosive way seldom leave things as they found them.

So there are distinct elements in conversion, and their relations to individual lives deserve to be discriminated.

If we were to ask the question: "What is human life's chief concern?" one of the answers we should receive would be: "It is happiness." How to gain, how to keep, how to recover happiness, is in fact for most men at all times the secret motive of all they do, and of all they are willing to endure.

-- William James

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Previous

Return to 12 Steps