- Step One – the most often misquoted Step of the 12 Steps!

Step One – the most often misquoted Step of the 12 Steps!

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

they call me Dumbluck

Postby robbiechaos » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:49 am

Martial Arts saved my life. More times than I would like to admit. I spent 10 years getting my ass whooped 3 times a week by some of the finest fighters in the world. All Military,feds and police. I thought I was the worst fighter on the planet. The Master of our Kung Fu Style called me DumbLuck. Because I had the worst technique on the planet but I could trip over my own feet and fall under a kick that would have taken my head off, recover and be in aperfect position to dispatch my enemy. I was very good at taking advantage of a bad situation. I fought in a few underground club fights and signed "the death waiver". But had no business being there with disciplined well trained fighters. Am one of those fighters that gets his ass whooped beaten bloody but keeps gettin back up. Truth is I loved the rush of the pain and adrenaline. Now in the world of drunks Im a great fighter. So of course I adopted a drunken style. I bounced in a few Erotic Dancer clubs so I got to fight alot. By the end of my drinking career I would get my pay all in twenties and go to neighborhoods I knew I wasnt welcome get drunk flashing my wad and waiting for the "toughs" to try in take it. I would tell myself I wasnt going to get to Valhalla getting drunk on my couch. Thats as close to suicide as my faith would allow. I think that qualifies as suicidal since I hung out in some of the toughest places in the NYC area. I have plenty of scars from knives and bottles. Was shot at, but never shot. Definately Dumbluck. Risked my life in alot of stupid ways I am definately an adrenaline junky. Looking back it seems so insane. But I remember it making perfect sense to me at the time. I dont know if restored to sanity applies to me, perhaps I have been granted sanity for the first time in my life.
robbiechaos

Postby Ranman99 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:52 am

Wow. I rarely have ever been in a real fight with a human being except some sparring. I was sucker punched a few times but didn't feel it ;-)

My battle with the sauce reads the same as what you just wrote. I know I have a very high threshold for pain of the emotional variety.

Thanks for that read sometimes when I read ### like that I think it would make some kind of good movie. Not trying to be insensitive I think we could all probably get together and make a flick that would make the normies skin crawl ;-)

Ciao,
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:57 am

I think it would be a good reality show of drunks getting sober together and living together for their first year. They finally did something similar with celebs... but, I mean normal drunks, not celebs.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:00 am

I saw some kinda think like that on the biography channel out here. Looked like some kinda intervention type show and it was well done. Most shows here in Singapore run about 2 years behind the US so it may not be on any more over there.

It gave me chills man.
Ranman99

Luv That Term NORMIES

Postby robbiechaos » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:07 pm

Love That term NOrmies. Read it in a book called "GET UP" and it definately stuck in my head. I know Im not a Normie because when they are telling their war stories I yawn. And when I tell mine, they either A. Have that shocked look of horror but they afraid to offend you for fear of their lives B. Have that same look but just quickly end the conversation and walk C. Think your full of #### . My whole life I was never entertained by many movies( Dont get me wrong I love some movies, Like fight club, 13th warrior, Enter the dragon) or TV shows because most of them are a bore comparred to the life I lead. Thanks its nice to have people to comiserate with
robbiechaos

I Love this

Postby robbiechaos » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:28 pm

I Use to say this alot. Whenever someone brought up fighting or being afraid to fight. I would say that as long as I am fighting there is no losing. If I win I get the thrill of victory, If I Lose, and liVE, I get morphine and every woman in my life will treat me like a king, If I Lose and Die, I go to Valhalla. So Win Win Win. LOL. Funny it made more sense when I was Drunk. LOL :lol:
robbiechaos

Postby angel143 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:31 pm

Lol Robbie, that makes me laugh. Its a win, win, win!!! I use to have situations like that. Not fighting situations, but win-win situations...actually, I still do have a couple win-win situations LOL. But not the bad ones "wink"

I do realize though, that when I think back on it, most of my great ideas I had, always sounded much better when I was drinking!!! :lol:
angel143

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:24 pm

The pleasure is all mine Mr. Chaos.

Ya the normies don't know bro the normies don't know ;-)

To bad some of them need a 12 and 12 all their own but hey one planet at a time I suppose.
Ranman99

O yes...I feel like a truck me over

Postby Memgal306 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:41 pm

I feel like a truck run :lol: me over and I do not know how that is. O yes I am an alcoholic & I admit it in a heartbeat. My life is unmanagable. I turned my life over GOD! I can not do it by myself.
Memgal306

Postby Ranman99 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:16 pm

Life is unmanageable drunk or sober 8)
Ranman99

PreviousNext

Return to 12 Steps