- Step 2 - "Came to believe..."

Step 2 - "Came to believe..."

12 Steps: Discussions related to the 12 Steps and using them as a treatment to recover from alcohol and drug addiction.

Postby Dallas » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:20 am

Hey JR, thank you for sharing.

As always, I really get a lot out of what you share. And, I love it when someone refers to AA literature and our history of the founders and Alcoholics Anonymous. Keeps me joyous!

And, Rusty!!! Hey buddy! You help me stay on that Pink Cloud! Always a pleasure to hear from you!

Everything you mentioned caught my interest, though, to keep my message short, I'd like to comment on only one of the ideas, as best as I can see this thing.

How to turn a right thought into a right action?

There in that concept, lies my greatest problems. All of my problems "center in my mind." Which means, that I have difficulty, sometimes, with the "right thought" let alone being able to translate the right thought into action.

My entire experience and all that I demonstrate in life starts with my conscious and unconscious thoughts. And, my conscious and unconscious thoughts are produced by my mind.

My mind uses my biological brain, which was injured as a result of my alcohol consumption... but, fortunately, my Mind is not my biological brain. My mind is more than my brain. If you laid my brain on a table, you could look all week, and still not be able to find the thoughts that went through my brain! But, you might discover some of the physical damage done to my brain, as a result of my consumption of alcohol.

If I can change my mind, I can change my thoughts, which will change my actions, and change the results that I'm producing in my life... whether those results are, sobriety, financial security, relationships with others, my ambitions, my feelings, my emotions, my depressions, my health, or in any other area of my life.

How can I change my Mind? How do I know that it’s my thoughts that are creating all my problems? And, besides, how can I change the thoughts that I’m thinking... especially the unconscious thoughts... that I am unaware that I’m thinking?

What I do, is use the 12 Steps to produce a “Spiritual Awakeningâ€
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:10 am

JR, :wink: xoPC
Rusty Zipper

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:44 am

belligerance, defiance, judgment, emotionalism... step two realy points the finger at us alky's, and adicts. all self centered behaivors... a power greater than ones self... when i came in the rooms, the group, my sponser, the books were all greater than me. after time, i found out i needed more, yes more. a true Faith, Belief, and Trust in something other than my selfish needs. a true sence of having wants, and desires, were now turned into possibilities. quality, not quantity. it now comes natural most of the days. if believe i have found sanity. it's called being sober. sober thinking, sober reacting. a true developing of maturity. humility, vs intellect. i have to be sober to even attempt that... if i now talk humility, i believe i do not have it. the unspoken words. thats where the action part of this step comes in. my belief means reliance, not defiance. when put to the real test. if, and when i defy. all the "selfs" start creeping back in. i know better to not let go. the answers are all here. action is one of the keys. willingness to have a open mind to start. remaining teachable. i have to be right with TPTBe. thanks for leting me share. good night, and all good wishes. xo Rusty :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:28 am

holy Schlamolly... was at a step two meets tanights. forgot me step book... a few words Pop'd goes the Weasel out to me... belidgermant, irrational, argumentive,defiant, predudical, emotional, and the real crowd pleaser... Self-Rightousness... woe, Yikes!, and Mur-Der... is this sanity... gueise thats why we work the steps huh? to rid ourselfs of this... lado me friends, xoxo the serene for the day Rusty :wink:
Rusty Zipper

My Step 2

Postby Rose » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:32 pm

CAME TO BELIEVE:
I knew that there had to be someone out there that could help me stop drinking. Because I could not do it myself. I wanted to but was unable. I have not been doing what I should be doing though. I should be reading the big book, doing the steps but I am so scare it may upset me and start drink, so I will start very slowly.
I put my belief in AA. As right now I am trying to work on spirital.So right now AA is my higher power. And its working. I am sober 29 months. And I might add it the best 29 months of my life
Thanks for listening.
Last edited by Rose on Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rose

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:47 pm

hiya Rose... congrats on 29 months... we believe you when you say its the best 29 of your life... keep do'n... baby steps if needed. but do... all will be well... any time ya ant'sy, hop on line... another tool... good wishes to ya Rose... xo PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Rose » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:06 pm

Thanks. That is what I am doing baby steps all the way. I just printed out Clancy's Seven Question for step 4 now that scared the crap out of me. Might need some help from anyone willing to help! :wink:
Rose

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:31 pm

np, just be as honest as can be... Rose, remember... theres nothing to fear in the dark... thats not there when the lights come on... pm anytime... xo PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:30 pm

Hey Rose, good luck with your 4th. It's not as bad as people say. It's actually rather easy and the benefits are humongous. I've got some other stuff posted over at www.step12.com/step-4.html that might help. If you have questions I'm here for you, also.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Rusty Zipper » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:30 am

aloh'a my friends... hope all is as it should :wink: was at a great Step-2 meets at The Panal... Panal of Experts that is ### Alive Again #### someone shared that she came, came to and came to believe... started the reflection in me tonight... what i shared was. that when i first came in the rooms, detox'd myself, that i stop'd drinking on my own. it didnt take me long to figure out that was not true. the only thing i did on my own was get here. so thats that. then i used to say that i believe i came in the rooms on step-2, and for a long time i would share that... i now know that wasn't true either. mabe God pointed me in that direction. mabe one of my Angels. Dunno! ... now i know that it wasn't til i fully understood the real power of step-1... for me the acceptance part... accepting that i'm a alk'y/adict, and ALL that comes with it... the negative thinking, the self-centeredness, the restlessness, the fears, the angst, the control, the manipualtion, the lies, the stealing, and the ism shopping list goes on and on... now that i fully accept all of this, and now try to be possitive in all of life. not realy just life, but in me... i am slowly being resored to sanity... i hear people say what is sanity? well i believe i had it once a long long time ago... as the free child... it wasnt til that free spirit'd child start'd to become self-will'd, did i start to loose it... when the fears, and insecuritys krept in.... i fix'd all of that too... that s how i got here... so i guess what that lady said appiled to me tonight... " I Came, I Came To, I Came to Believe"... and it is only through that power that is restoring me, do i have the choice to keep it growing... and for me, that power is a thing called God... thanks for being here, and letting me share.... one more day at a time.... May God guide you, and keep you... Until Then.... xxoo Patrick
Rusty Zipper

PreviousNext

Return to 12 Steps