- Speeding Ticket

Speeding Ticket

Share your sobriety jokes and humor here

Speeding Ticket

Postby Tim » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:59 pm

After being sober awhile, an AA member found that he had saved enough to buy the car he had dreamed of owning while still drinking.

He smiled as he drove the brand-new atomic orange Corvette off the dealer's lot. It was a beautiful, sun-bathed day and before he knew it, the car was cruising along at 90 mph.

As soon as he realized how fast he was going and began to slow down, he saw the the State Patrol car behind him with its lights on.

He pulled over and the officer approached his car, ticket book in hand. " I've been following you for more than two miles with my lights on and you kept increasing your speed. The only way you're going to avoid a ticket on this one, buddy, is to tell me a story I've never heard before".

"Well, officer," the driver began, "I'm a sober member of AA today, but when I was still drinking my wife ran off with a State Trooper. I thought you were trying to bring her back."

No ticket was issued.
Tim

Postby Dallas » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Bravo, Tim!

You reminded me of something similar that happened to me.

I was in charge of speaker's night at the AA club & my sponsor was speaking. I wanted to get her a rose from the flower shop. The street I was driving on was a block down from the main street, & I kept looking down each block for a stoplight, so I could cross the main street easier & not wait forever for traffic.

I was surprised to see flashing lights behind me, & I pulled over. The officer said, "You didn't stop at the stop sign." I said I was sorry & must not have seen it. He said, "Have you been drinking?" I said, "No!" :shock: He said, "You were weaving all over the road. Where are you going?" I told him I was going to an AA meeting & about my sponsor & the rose & looking for a stoplight...

He laughed & said, "Only an AA person could come up with a story like that & have it be true!"

I didn't get a ticket.

Thanks for reminding me it pays in so many ways to be sober! :D
sunlight

Return to Sobriety Jokes and Humor