- The Irishman and AA

The Irishman and AA

Share your sobriety jokes and humor here

The Irishman and AA

Postby Tim » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:07 pm

An Irishman was always the first to arrive each day when the bar opened at 6 am. He ordered 4 shot glasses of his favorite Irish whiskey. This ritual was repeated day after day for a long time.

One day the bartender asked the man why he ordered the four shot glasses of whiskey rather than one at a time or combined in a larger glass. The man replied that three of the shot glasses were a drink to the health of each of his brothers and the fourth for himself.

The man did not show up at the bar for about a month. Then one day, St Patrick's Day as it turned out, the man showed up as usual when the bar opened, but ordered only 3 shot glasses of Irish whiskey. The bartender was puzzled by this change and asked the man the reason he ordered 3 instead of the usual 4 shots.

"You see, I found out I had a drinking problem, so I quit drinking and started going to AA meetings. Now I only have 3 for my brothers, but none for me."
Tim

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Tim!

Reminds me of the one about the guy that went to AA and got sober. They missed him at the bar. Then, one day, several weeks later, the guy shows up. This time he orders a drink -- and then, sets it aside, never drinks it -- and then, orders another drink.

The guy kept doing this and the confused bartender inquired:

"You always order the first drink -- and then, set it aside and then order the next drinks and drink them. What's up? Is there something wrong with the first one?"

The guy says: "Yes! You see, while I was gone for a while, I was going to AA -- and they taught me that -- my problem is with the first drink! So, if I don't have the first one -- no problem!"

:lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Tim » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:00 am

Love it, Dallas!
Tim

Return to Sobriety Jokes and Humor