- It only happens in AA!

It only happens in AA!

Share your sobriety jokes and humor here

It only happens in AA!

Postby Dallas » Mon May 22, 2006 11:21 am

It only happens in AA

A happy Old-timer, sober 20 years walks in to an AA meeting and sits between two other members.

The newcomer on the left says “I used to work a good program like you and I’ve read all the A.A. books and literature... I'm a real authority on this AA stuff... I had almost 20 years sober and now... I'm only a newcomer because got I drunk again, or... I would have more time, but.... Do you want what I’ve got? Do you want to listen to me? Do you want to know how I think it works? Want me to be your sponsor?â€
Dallas
Site Admin

Oldtimer

Postby wareagle10 » Mon May 22, 2006 12:45 pm

Wow! The last one sounds a lot like me, doesn't it?

Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

Postby JR » Mon May 22, 2006 9:31 pm

Hey, it's just a joke. It doesn't have to be true or necessary or kind. It is supposed to make you laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:
JR

Joke

Postby wareagle10 » Tue May 23, 2006 2:13 am

It did. I laughed and laughed, seriously. Is that an oxymoron, laughing seriously?

Take care and straight ahead, John.
wareagle10

It only happens in A. A.

Postby Dallas » Tue May 23, 2006 10:10 am

It only happens in A. A.

Early one morning I had to take my sponsor to the airport to catch a flight to go speak at an AA convention.

On the way to the airport I asked him “Can you give me some suggestions on how I can have a good weekend while you’re gone?â€
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby JR » Tue May 23, 2006 11:04 am

While we're on bathroom humor.......nothing funnier than a fart.

An elder statesman was sponsoring a member who was always playing the big-shot. The big-shot always tried to make himself look good at others expense. He was always hiding a good motive, like sharing an experience or joke, behind a bad motive to show how he was a star of AA and nobody could ever measure up to his stature. The elder statesman decided an object lesson would be just the ticket.

The elder statesman had a huge meal of liver and onions before the meeting he knew the big-shot would be at. Something definitely began to brew in the elders bowels. 15 minutes before the meeting began the elder called the big-shot over to point out some stuff in the Big Book. An SBD (silent but deadly) began to ease out of the elders nether regions. The big-shot began to make faces and his eyes began to water. The elder says "whats your problem, I'm trying to help you" big-shot finally cries uncle and says he can't take the smell of whatever the elder ate before coming to the meeting.

Elder begins to laugh and laugh and says thats just how it stinks when your hiding one of your bad motives behind a good one and it's just as obvious.
JR

It only happens in A.A.

Postby Dallas » Tue May 23, 2006 12:44 pm

Only in A.A.

When I was new in AA my sponsor said “Your problem is you’re grandiose!â€
Dallas
Site Admin

JOkes and jokes and jokes

Postby Dustintodust » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:40 pm

How can you tell when 2 alcoholics are on their second date?

They are the ones pulling the UHAUL.......

There is a new group for people who talk too much at meetings.

It's called Onandonandon

step 13 My life is unmanagabl and id like to share it with you

step 14 Made a decision to stop calling you and go after your friend

AA is where i go for recovery.....Na is where i go for a date when AA has worked too good and i really need to ### up my life :twisted:
Dustintodust

Return to Sobriety Jokes and Humor