- Oh Good Grief!

Oh Good Grief!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Oh Good Grief!

Postby Anja » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:04 pm

HERE'S the spot where I was supposed to introduce myself. OK. Got it.

I'm sixty-one years old and have been an alcoholic, I believe, since my first drink at fifteen. Attended my first AA meeting at the age of thirty and have considered myself a member ever since.

During this time I have had two relapses and will be glad to share some about them with you. What I learned and how fortunate I was to be able to climb out of the hole again with the help of AA and my HP.

My husband and I have been married for forty-two years and that's been a learning experience, as well. :wink:

We have two children who are female, 36 and male, 33. Daughter is recovering from mixed addictions including five years free from meth. Son is a practicing alcoholic. They grew up with Alatot and Alateen and the family addiction was stronger than all their knowledge. No grandchildren. :?

I've owned cats all my life and presently am enjoying the company of two. We also raise pond fish (and frogs!) and I grow a lot of flowers in the yard.

My hobbies are hiking on the prairie, riding motorcycle, reading, sewing, researching American sideshow history, swimming, travel.

I've had a number of jobs in my life all the way from field worker to teacher, librarian to waitress, public and private health worker to wallpaperer and painter, military youth center director to nursing home aid. A little of everything.

Presently I volunteer at a local sober school and my mother's care center.

My life has been full of many interesting experiences and a great deal of loss and all of it has combined to make me who I am - a grateful sober woman who is still growing.

Glad to be here!
Anja

Postby Dallas » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:42 pm

Great to meet you Anja!!!
Thank you for sharing about yourself and keep coming back!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:00 pm

Anja thank you for sharing some of yourself with us I`m so glad that you are here I can`t wait to hear more :D
ccs

Postby GeoffS » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:18 am

Hi Anja good to hear from you, all the best from Australia!!
GeoffS

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery