- Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby angel143 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Welcome to our little family here on the forum Linda!!! Its absolutely wonderful to have you hear!

Im so glad that you went back to the meeting after you were ill.

Its a great feeling waking up in the morning...sober...isnt it!

Everyone here is wonderful, you will love here as much as I do.

If you ever wanna chat...you can always feel free to PM me...im just a button away.

Keep up the great work

Heather
angel143

Postby Dallas » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:15 pm

Hello Linda!

Welcome to the site! It's nice to see you introducing yourself and making it possible for us to get to know you!

I look forward to hearing much more from you.

If I can help in any way just let me know, either through Private Message or here in the forum!

Glad you're here and keep coming back!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ccs » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:14 am

Hi Linda Welcome to the family!!!!! nice to have you here thank you for sharing the beginning of your journey with us & welcome to your new life please keep coming back!!!!! My name is Cessie I`m an Alcoholic great to meet you :D

I look forward to hearing more from you & getting to know you :)
ccs

Postby Peanut » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:25 pm

Hello all, my name is Pete and I am a recovering alcoholic :) I have 47 days in my pocket and the rest of my life to go. I am very grateful for this.
Peanut

Postby ccs » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:54 pm

Hello Pete welcome congrats on 47 days :D I am looking forward to hearing more from you and getting to know you this is a great place to spend time lots of great info and conversation & quality sobriety

so look around the forums will keep you busy and please share and ask questions we need you as much you may need us :D

Keep Coming Back

your Sister In Sobriety Cessie
ccs

Postby Dallas » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:47 pm

Welcome to the site Pete! Keep coming back!
Dallas
Site Admin

Introduction

Postby knny913 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:26 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Kenny, and I am an alcoholic.
Nov. 16, 2009, I celebrated 3 years of "continuous" sobriety. To which I am very greatful. I now know, that like everyone of us who have found this program, that I am one of the lucky ones.
I live in a very remote part of Colorado, southwest central. I go to at least 3 meetings a week,the closest one being 27 miles away. The others are anywhere from 35 - 60 miles away. As it says in the BB "we will go to any lengths". I am active in the district, as GSR of one of my groups, and I participate in as much service work as I can. All of which helps keep me sober! In fact I make sobriety chips for my Friday noon meetings, I cut pieces of Pinon Pine limbs down to 1/4" circles, wood burn different months, days, and years on one side, and burn different quotes from various AA approved sources on the back, usually on Thursday evenings to make sure who ever is celebrating sobriety this week can walk away with a chip. But since I found this site, I want to be here first, and I'll make the chips 'til midnight if I have to.
It is a really a nice feeling to be able to communicate with others in this world about our common problem. And to read as everyone shares his or her stories. Since coming into this program I really can't get enough of it, as with my drinking, I was pretty much 24/7 towards the end, so I have to work my program 24/7 if I am to maintain my sobriety.
As with most of us, we discover that the more we work this simple program, the more we benefit. I know I'm not alone when I say that toward the end of my drinking, I had lost not everything, but a hugh part of what I had, and was on the very verge of losing what I hadn't. But for the grace of my God, I have been given a 2nd chance on life, and I really don't want to mess it up.
I look forward to discussing sobriety and how it works for me, with all of you here in this forum.
Thank you all,
Knny913
knny913

Postby gunner48 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Welcome Kenny. Hope to read your post. Congrats on 3 years. That is amazing.
Peace and Love Gunner
gunner48

Postby Dallas » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:24 am

Kenny, thanks for the awesome sharing and for your introduction! I appreciate you! I enjoy reading stories like yours. When I lived in a big town that had meetings 24/7... and we didn't have the Internet... I had the perception that AA's and meetings were 24/7 everywhere. It's really nice for me to be able to reach out and share or read 24/7 now, especially on these icy cold nights!

I'd love to see those chips you make! I've always wanted to do something similar... like make something with wood or stone and I admire the talents of others in what they do. If you have a picture of the chips you make, and you don't mind, I'll send you my email address, if you'd care to send me a pic and let me see them. I would appreciate it. I was told by some old timers many years ago, that when they weren't using p o k e r chips for chips, they used chips made out of wood, before the plastic and metal chips became available.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Introductions

Postby knny913 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:23 pm

Good Evening Everyone,
Dallas and MichalF, I do have a quick video of some chips I have made this evening. The video is not very good though, I can attach it for now and when I get my good camera up here on Monday I'll take some better pictures.
Just let me know how I can attach the video, I'm not seeing how to on this site.
Thank you gunner48 for your reply and encouragement. I look forward to seeing more of everyone on this site. Who knows maybe even some day we will be lucky enough to meet face to face. I feel as though I know you people already. Although the chances are slim to none, we can always keep in touch and help each other to spread the word and prayers to everyone (including us) who need it!
Quoting 164 para 1 "We cannot be sure. God will determine that, so you must remember that your real reliance is on him (he, she, or it). He will show you how to create the fellowship you crave."
Have a good evening!
Your Friend
Kenny
knny913

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery