- Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Dallas » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:31 am

Hi Kenny, I just sent you a Private Message with my email address to use for the photos/video. Also, included my Face Book info, in case you're on Face Book.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Don O » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:01 pm

Hi my name is Don O my sobriety date is 04/21/97 Im new to this site and am very excited to make new friends and learn from other people so here I am please contact me and help me stay sober!
Don O

Postby Dallas » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:08 pm

Hello Don, and welcome to the site! Great to have you here and I look forward to your participation and your sharing!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby NoCOguy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:34 pm

I have a huge problem named Dan and he is also an alcoholic.
My sponsor nailed it one day, I am a professional newcomer.
I came into the program in 1985 at 13 and after a relapse and a trip to the loony bin recently, my new sobriety date is Nov. 4 2009
Coming up on 90 days, again. I had 8 years of sobriety once, then I turned 9.
I had a year and a half off the drink last year and became disabled. I had not been to a meeting in 11 or 12 months. I had no sponsor, no higher power, no sober people around me and hit a wall. Decided to play Dr with my meds, ha always a good idea, got to a deep dark place and reached for a gun found a bottle instead. 2 days latter into the funny farm I went.
I have had a spiritual awakening and found a higher power. I have a great sponsor, that I need to call. I make 2 to 3 meetings a day. I have new Drs that have my medical problems and chronic pain stabilized.
I am suddenly realizing that God is doing for me what I could not do for myself.
NoCOguy

Postby Dallas » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:18 am

Welcome to the site!

Glad you found the bottle and not the gun or I'd be writing this to someone else! :lol: Death can be a permanent solution for temporary problems! :wink:

Congrats on making it back alive and sober!

I wish the best for you.

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

I am new here too...

Postby 09bambi2008 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:44 pm

Hi ,My name is Cheryl and I am NOT an alcoholic. I am here because I was told that I have to do meetings in person or online and it is condtional with my probation. Don't take this wrong please. I did get a DUI and disappointed alot of people. After all I am the one everyone else can depend on by what everyone else says. I always tried to be and to help no matter what. My dad(gone) was an alcoholic. This is what my mom told me. My stepdad is a recovering alcoholic,over 40 years. I told myself a very long time ago that I would never let it control me. Some ways I did abuse it but also did not drink all the time. At times when I did drink I got drunk. Not everytime,but enough. When I got my DUI back in june 2009 I almost totally ruined my life. I was very lucky and had alot of support. I thank god I still have my job and owe my bossman my life. It was auotmatic termination. My job was saved. My boss done alot of fast talking and I paid with taking whatever I had to take,alot of kissing but so to speak and eating alot of dirt) and I now am back out in the field and am very happy I got my position back. I have paid in more ways thatn one. Because of my actions I chose to quit drinking on my own with no help. I feel I was very lucky in this aspect because I know alot of people cannot do it on their own. I quit drinking in nov of 2009. I was suppose to quit drinking by order of the court but did not know that at the time. We had a party at my house and some friends came over. All hell broke loose and they tried to cause alotof trouble between me and my boyfriend. Needless to say I said no more and have not had a drink since. I still have 3 wine coolers and 3-4 beers in the fridge. I started to throw tham out and decided not too. Also the "friends" are no longer our friends and have not even tried to talk to us. There are 8 of us in the family and 3 brothers and 2 sisters drink all the time. 1 AND 1 are alcoholics and or do drugs too.I donot want it to control me and that is why I have decided to give it up once and for all. I can be around it and it does not really bother me. I did it a few times,the longest being over 5 years. I can drink coffee,lime water,soda tea,etc,. Mostly coffee. I am an addict when it comes to coffee and cigarettes. My downfall. Same diiference ,different habit. I have always had coffee even when I drank. So now where to go from here. I will be happy when it's over because this has cost me more money than drinking ever did. I learned from the DUI. Igot stupid and thank god I did not kill anyone or myself too. It is not worth it and than god I have the will power to quit on my own. I truly am. God bless and thanks for letting me tell my story. I have also been to AA Meeting in the past and Alnon. My own choice at the time because of a past relationship and the alcohol and guns that were involved. Not me or the relationship but because of his mom and stepdad. I have been around alcohol most of my life even when I didn't drink. Now it is my choice not to be around those who want to get stupid with it or drink everyday. Just don't want to deal with that kind of drama anymore. I have enough of my own,trying to help others,go to work and be happy...Yeah!!![/b] :D
09bambi2008

ANOTHER NEW GUY

Postby BRYAN C » Sun May 02, 2010 5:54 am

My name is Bryan and i am an alcolic. One of my biggist problems is talking honestly to people. If something is bothering me I EITHER HOLD it inside or it comes out sideways. I saw this site and hope I find help dealing with my alcohol addiction.
BRYAN C

Postby Dallas » Sun May 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Glad you found us Bryan! Welcome to the site!

I understand. I was the same way when I was a new guy. We've got some pretty good people here on the forum and I know they'll be willing to go as far as they can to be helpful. We all know what being new is like and we all know what it is like to want help. With you being here it automatically is a big help for me! If I ever forget what it's like to be new -- I'll probably have to be new again to remind me, unless I can listen to the other new people coming in to remind me...

If there is anything we can do to help, let us know.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Introduction

Postby jgrabo » Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Hello All,
I'm an Alcoholic and my name is John. I live in Erie,Pa and have 17 months sober, still working on the soriety part as I've come to find out there's more to that than just not drinking. I look forward to using this site as an additional way to gain some knowledge and inspiration to continue to grow in this new life. After having been out there drinking for 35+ years I think I still have a lot of learning to do as to how to do things the right way but with God at my side we are making progress and hope to continue doing so.
jgrabo

Postby Ranman99 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:16 am

Well I grew up around drinking and from the age of 15 drank alcoholically. My first experience I drank to excess at a friend’s place when his brother picked up a case of beer vomited a lot and tried to sleep in a field. In November. In Canada!

I never knew social drinking from the beginning Alcohol could be troublesome but it allowed me to go to extreme places and do extreme things. Only my higher power prevented me from killing myself or someone else.

I drank hard at parties all through the rest of high school but managed to get off to University.

Though I considered myself to be an alcoholic from the first year at University I was not as bad as some and I was only arrested once at that time.

Somehow I managed to pass school though excessive drinking certainly made it a challenge and I entered the working world. In my very first job I drank steady for 4 years and probably was only saved by the fact that I stayed inside the union rules. I only used my allotted sick leave (all 20 days of it). Finally after a second arrest I tried AA for a few months and strung together enough sobriety to clear my head and move on to a better job.

During my second job I enjoyed what I was doing and kept sober for months at a time until I started frequent business travel to Asia in 1996.

In 1997, two months before I got married, I was arrested for the third time and entered treatment (outpatient) and AA again. I continued to bounce in and out (mostly out) until 2007.

I have a library of drunk a logs until 2007 when I finally lost a job to booze and tried the program in earnest for the first time.

All I can say is that I was a derelict in some pretty fine hotels and even got kicked out of a country once. :roll:

I completed the 12 steps with a sponsor in 2007 and drank again 4 months later. I had not learned to be honest. Had some kind of issue with pride and ego also I think;-) Also only did one easy step 9 and got very complacent very fast.

It took another 16 months and another lost job to really take a look at where I had gone wrong and do the program to the best of my ability exactly as it is written for the first time. And surrender!

My wife and kid were in the process of leaving the first week I was back this time.

At that time I finally took that approach that it did not matter what my sponsor said I would try it. If he said things I did not agree with I learned to say to myself “I don’t believe that YETâ€
Ranman99

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery