- Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Dallas » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Hi Ellen! Welcome (again)! I just replied to your other message. And, I'm glad you made the new post there -- because often, people don't think of looking here for new messages.

Glad to have you here and I look forward to getting to know you and to being of help to you, if I can, and if you want.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Hi there! Im new to this site

Postby Mdavis » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:41 pm

My name is Michele and i am an alcoholic By Gods grace today i am sober 33 years, since i was 24 years old, sounds like a long time, but really it is just a whole bunch one ONE DAYS strung together! Some good days, some great days, some awful, sad, tragic days too!

We stay sober no matter what and it does help get through all the different experiences life will show us. Bless you all. So glad i found this site!!
Mdavis

New to this site! :)

Postby BrianN » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:13 pm

First...I want to say THANK YOU for such a beautiful site!
My name is Brian N.
My birthday is May 4, 2010...and...I am truly grateful for the days that AA and my HP have given me in this new life of sobriety. TODAY...I am at peace.
I look forward to getting involved with the forum here the "plethora" of great information and posts.
Peace and One Love.
Brian N. :)
BrianN

Postby Dallas » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Welcome to the site Brian!
I look forward to reading more from you.

Others may miss your introduction here -- it's in the "sticky section" of this part of the Introductions part . This is where "announcements" are made and it seems that most don't look in the announcements section. :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toast » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi to all the new people, good to have you with us!

Onwards and upwards! :lol: :lol:
Toast

Postby MKL » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:24 pm

My name is Micky and i am an alkie and and addict, been sober since nov 4 , 1987. I am a Big Book worker thru and thru. Sobered up in Boise, idaho, live in Pennsylvania with my wife. Believe sobriety is about God and others and not me or my wants. Believe the that selfishness/selfcenteredness is the root of my problems. Believe we are put on earth to serve others including non alkies. Believe that God uses the steps to manage us and our lives and to mold us into what He needs us to be. Love alkies/addicts but hate our disease I share to keep my covenant with God i took in the 3rd step not to change anyone.Don't believe i need to feel good about myself before i help others, i believe pursung a good selfesteem is poison and just another form of selfishness. My problem isn't a bad selfesteem, my probleme is that all i ever thought about was my comfort via drugs, sex, booze, etc or feeling good about myself. My theraphy is God , the 12 steps, the 164, and waking up everyday on how to best serve others.

I enjoy life i am not puritanical, i enjoy my wife and dogs, and just having fun. I believe the only hell their is is the in the gray matter between our ears.

I'm blunt to a fault and unwavering in my beliefs and thankful some other alkie cared enough to share with me what's in the BB.
MKL

Postby Dallas » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Welcome! And, thanks for introducing yourself and for sharing!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby marg61 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:32 am

Hey my name is Marg and I'm a grateful recovering alcoholic.

I've met the most strong, kind, helpful folks in this program of FELLOWSHIP since stepping into my first meeting last May. Might not have made it to the room except for the gal walking around who saw me and smiled, "are you looking for the meeting?" I felt so ALONE in my alcoholism that to hear that was like guiding the baby to help and healing. SO d*** GRATEFUL.

The whole talking and everyone else listening thing in meetings was completely nerve-wracking. I did 90 in 90. I took myself to my first mtg cuz I knew I had a problem after--the day a woman I hardly know shared with me her journey thru recovery---I wanted help. She said go to this woman's meeting..it's great.. Since I'd tried to quit on my own and failed over and over, i thought well, i'm going to need some help figuring this out.

My SHAME was huge. I'd operated on total self will for almost 50 years. I felt like a failure. I, I, I... I loved and needed the mantras, the simple AA sayings, slogans, and the kind wisdom of the women in those first meetings. I learned i suffered from "terminal uniqueness...." TONS of resentments, squelched anger, etc.. that I doused daily with alcohol.

I feel like I'm among friends now. We share from the depths and it heals. One man looking back on his drinking says said he was like King Baby. That is EXACTLY like i felt and was....couldn't deal with reality...Queen Baby. I can laugh now and see how I learned from the best..family queen bees always in 'control' .... don't show weakness god forbid... and the whole drinking culture that celebrates EVERYTHING w/ alcohol. An alcoholic can ALWAYS find a 'good reason' to drink. Haha... The fellowship in AA is curing me of my stinkin' thinkin' - releasing me from my closet of terminal uniqueness, and maybe even helping me to REALLY GROW the **** up. :))))). 'Bout time. This program rocks your soul and wakes you UP to who you are meant to be, who you really are, I am, underneath the veils and walls of protection.
marg61

Postby Toast » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi Marg, great intro.

Surprises me how folks as sick as us can survive into our 50th year without crashing, i bombed way back in my early 30's.

But i do remember being 50, it was way way back on Thursday i turned 51! Boy where does the time go?

Be well :lol: :lol:
Toast

Postby Dallas » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:38 pm

I learned that it wasn't a good idea to say "Happy Birthday" to someone in their 50's. It's better to pause -- and wait until they're in their 60's or 70's before saying Happy Birthday to them, again. :lol:

Welcome to the hang out Marg! Thanks for introducing yourself and for sharing!

It was the happy and sober AA Ladies -- that kept me coming back. The longer they stayed sober the younger they looked. And, the happy ones got more happy while the grumpy ones got more grumpy. :lol:

Matter of fact -- it was the AA Ladies -- who often seemed to be the instrument or channel of God's guidance for me -- that was used to lead me to my next sponsor. (When I needed a next sponsor).

So, I can honestly say -- that I owe my life and my sobriety to many of the wonderful, sober, AA women, who helped me (especially so, in my early sobriety). They Rock! :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery