- Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introductions this forum is All About You!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hi I am Cheryl

Postby kwigers » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:08 am

:D
My name is Cheryl and I am an alcoholic and drug addict. I had 14 years sober in October of this year! When I got here I was miserable and hopeless and just really wanted to die. My life was in the bottle, I was lonely and I hated myself and just about everyone else. I had a very difficult time putting together moments at a time let alone a day at a time.
I am a miracle!
I am alive and happy and silly, and life is amazing! It is not something that happened quickly, it was and is a process. I had a lot of memory loss when I arrived, and the obsessive thinking just about drove me crazy. It is like people said, God won't give you what you can't handle...
Today I am a Life Coach and I do Workshops and I absolutely love my life!!!!
All of my life experiences with the drugs and alcohol have turned into my greatest strengths and gifts. All of my work in the 12 step program has really become my foundation for how to live and support others in living their lives to the fullest!
Recovery is great!!!
Cheryl :wink:
kwigers

Postby Dallas » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:57 am

Hello Cheryl!!!! Welcome!!! Glad you're here!

I enjoy reading of your success and the wonderful transformation that has taken place in your life!

It's another one of those life stories that proves beyond doubt... that anything in life worth having... is worth working for... and it can be achieved... especially by alcoholics... who are willing to take the actions necessary to live their dreams!

Thank you for sharing... and I hope to hear more from you.

Congrats on your 14 years! Keep coming back!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby waitresscheryl » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:11 pm

Dear Cheryl, Just wanted to say welcome to the site, and congrats on your 14 years. Hope to see more of your postings on this site. Cheryl
waitresscheryl

Postby Powderedwater » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:19 am

Hi everyone my name is Chris and I'm an Alcoholic. Got sober on 11/4/96 and I really like these forums so I expect you'll be seeing a lot of me around here. Thanks Dallas for helping me to log on. I was the one that was emailing you the last couple days some times I'm to smart for my own good.
Powderedwater

Postby Dallas » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:06 am

Hey Chris! Welcome to the forum!

I was wondering "who" that was -- that had been e-mailing me!!! PowderedWater! :lol: :lol: Sorry I couldn't help you sooner. :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby markyb » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:59 pm

Hi all, ive just joined the site and thought i would share a little about myself so here goes........
After years of fooling myself that my drinking and drug taking was a result of the ### life i had and blaming everyone for my troubles i finally on the return of my last and biggest geographical, could no longer blame the world for some reason, i was on my knees and begged for help, i knew deep down i was worth more than this and was ready to do whatever to have some kind of life, if one existed for me.....It was the third time i had left my girlfriend and my boy and again lost everything.... For years i thought i was mad,bad or just plain unlucky in life nothing ever went my way, the Shidus touch, everything i touched turned to ####!!. I did not realise that it was not the world that was at cock it was me and my alcoholic brain!

I got myself into a respected treatment centre in my home town to which i did not know even existed, a twelve step treatment centre to which i am wholeheartedly grateful too,, they saved my life along with many others, they introduced me to the A.A and my life a day at a time is surprising me more by the minute, its been tough and still is at times, i am 11 months sob re and just seen off my first Christmas, today my life is full of surprises im doing things i never thought i would ever do, im studying psychology,criminology and I.T Wow!! I still have to pinch myself, my relationship with my family and most of all my son is more than i could of wished for and i have a great sponsor who is trying to guide me safely through the steps and gives me a kick up the butt when i need it!!. I am also grateful i found this site its great that i can learn from people who all are living in recovery.......
Thanks and take care markyb
markyb

Postby Dallas » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:46 pm

Hey MarkyB!!! Welcome to the site!!! I'm really glad you found us. I look forward to hearing of your progress in recovery and the many things that you can share with us!

I think it's awesome, that regardless of where we are in the world -- we not only share a common bond through the suffering of alcoholism -- but, we share in the Great Escape -- with a common solution that is available to us all, and the same 12 Steps, and the same Fellowship, just as though each one of us are equally adopted members into the same family of recovery. And, I'm happy to meet you and to know you!!!

Best regards, and Merry Christmas and I hope this New Year will be the best year of your life so far!!!

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Hello!

Postby Coffeebeing » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:08 am

Wel...hello everybody. My name is George and I am an alcoholic. After being sober through AA and the program, I took my will back and began to move away. This was after 8 or so years of sobriety. I had a home group, commitments, sponsored people (some of who are still sober by God's Grace), did 12 step calls, made retreats, etc.
Eventually I drank...got "clean"...drank..etc. Recently I started drinking and after 6 weeks found myself in a detox again. (Like the Jay walker that Joe and Charlie talk about on the BB tapes)
This time was enough, I have come back to AA, got a home group and a sponsor and am currently doing my 90 in 90. I am 17 days sober today and believe it or not, I am very grateful. No pink cloud here but no black cloud either.

My Group plays the BB tapes once a week and is very centered on the "Solution" offered by the Big Book. I love the fact that everyone is centered on the Steps and on the Big Book, Alcoholics Anonymous.
Coffeebeing

Postby Kelly » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:34 am

Hello George!

Congratulations on 17 days sober! I am so glad you're here. I know you don't know this, but you helped me tremendously today. Thank you so much!

Welcome to the forum George. You will find a wonderful, loving family here. I hope you will come back often.

Kelly
Kelly

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:52 am

Welcome back to life, George!

And, welcome to the site and the forum here, too!

Glad you could join in with us and I look forward to watching your participation and your progress!

Those BB tapes that you mentioned are sure a treasure, aren't they?

I get to see Charlie, now and then, and it's awesome to sit around and talk Big Book with him!

Best regards,

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery