- Your opinion is requested

Your opinion is requested

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Your opinion is requested

Postby tim-one » Sun May 31, 2009 12:58 pm

Friends,

All newcomers are told that faith in a Higher Power they understand is of utmost importance. I am convinced that it is of paramount import. It is written that sobriety is very near impossible without an HP.

Yet there seems to be a great reluctance among us to help with the search for fear of being too persuasive in one direction or another.

I have a desire to be helpful to those who have trouble finding their Higher Power. I don't care who or what that Power is and I am not inclined to promote mine to a suffering, conflicted mind. Only to help think it through. I am unshakeably convinced of mine, but I am not jealous or zealous in AA context.

I am asking for your opinions regarding another forum here; Something like "Finding your Higher Power" wherein we can discuss the thought processes we struggled with to break through our own resistance. It's a personal, very individual struggle (An internal "Holy War", if you will). I imagine many of us went through different, yet fairly common considerations.

Question:
1. Do you think such a forum would be helpful?
2. If not why not?
3. If so, please suggest forum rules that would make the forum more useful or that would limit misuse. Any concerns?

I can only guess it likely that everyone has an opinion about this.

If you have an opinion, but don't want it publicly shared, you can PM me. I promise your anonimity in this forum.

Thank you very much. God bless you one and all.

Love,
Tim-one

PS: I've posted this question in various forums. Please only respond in one forum to save site space. Or PM me. I'll keep my inbox cleared regularly. Thanks.
tim-one

Postby Susan68 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:56 pm

mmm, I think so. Even though I believe completely in my higher power, it's a whole different ballgame trying to have a personal relationship with Him and basically saying "here you go; whatever you say; I'll wait for instructions."
Susan68

HIGHER POWER FORUM

Postby TEDS » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:20 pm

You are very right about opinions, they are like noses everyone has one.
Like me :D Helping anyone to realize a believe in a Higher Power as they understand this power, will inevitably lead
back to The Big book in some way or another and I have a firm belief that if you want to hide anything from an alcoholic then put it in the Big Book, so in creating a forum where others can relate to differant stages of spiritual growth centered around We Agnostics or any stage of our spiritual growth especially quoting sentences from the Big Book is a wonderful idea You may be the only Big Book someone reads or hears.
We cannot keep our own spirituality unless we give it away.
This forum is a great Idea. I have been sober through the grace of my Higher Power for twenty-eight years ( through of course ID meetings, and reading the recipie ,that is the Big Book of AA, and making the pie, one day at a time.
I think it is a great idea and I would support it.
thanks
TEDS
TEDS

Postby Dallas » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:39 pm

Welcome TEDS! Great to have you aboard! Thanks for sharing!!!

Tim-One did get that forum set up here! Please join in and participate! I'm sure that your experience will be of help to all of us.

The title is: "We came to believe. Finding my Higher Power" (I may not have written that write... but you'll notice something like that on the forum index that lists the titles of the different forums here.

Best regards,

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery