- constant slipper on programme without sponser, for first tim

constant slipper on programme without sponser, for first tim

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby tim-one » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:42 am

You addressed your subject to the "first Tim".

That great guy Tim is the first Tim in this site (unless there are others I haven't met yet).

Tim1 (Tim-one) is the second here. Tim1 is my personal joke. Long story.

If I were you, I'd listen to Tim. But, since I ain't you, I listen to Tim. :)

Love,
Tim1
tim-one

Postby Jools » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:49 pm

Hiya Boomer and welcome to this wonderfully loving site! They actually love me enough to tell me what I NEED to hear and not what I WANT to hear. Great folks, great folks!

I've slipped and slid for 20 some odd years. I found my answer in the 12 steps of alcoholics anonymous. You see, I was hurting SO much and just could NOT stop drinking on my own, that I became willing to do what these people told me. I go to meetings, I call my sponsor, I do service work, I pray, but most importantly, I'm gaining freedom and peace of mind thru the 12 steps.

Quote from the Big Book:

Almost none of us liked the self-searching, the leveling of our pride, the confession of shortcomings which the process requires for its successful consummation. But we saw that it really worked in others, and we had come to believe in the hopelessness and futility of life as we had been living...

So see, it says..."almost none of us"...that was me, I was one of those "almost none of us's", but I did it anyway because I truly wanted to stay sober and I had lost the power of choice to drink. It was a lot of work for me, but I knew that, once I was thru with it, I didn't ever have to do it again. When I did my 5th step I received so much peace and I truly felt that was my 2nd spiritual experience.

I'm so grateful to have a loving sponsor who has taken the time to read the big book with me and help me thru the steps out of the big book.

I'm so glad you found us, you truly have helped me today.

Sincerely,
Julie

And tim1................I said something like this to my sponsor.......

Actually, its MY program. I intensely work my sponsor through my steps.

She said..it aint YOUR program or HIS program it's THE program. :wink:
Jools

Postby Tim » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:19 pm

tim-one wrote:You addressed your subject to the "first Tim".

Tim-one--It looks like it was a typo and she meant "time". Glad to have you here on the forum. I've enjoyed reading your posts! I want to read over your longer post about finding a Higher Power. It was a good suggestion to start that sub-forum.
Tim

Postby tim-one » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:20 pm

HAHAHAHAHAhahahaha ..... SEE? Ya SEE? THAT'S why I come here. Somebody's gotta tell me when I'm wrong so I can admit it! :oops:

Thanks, Tim & Jooolie. :wink:

Love ya,
Tim1

PS: Oh, man. If you're gonna read THAT post, better keep snacks and a bathroom handy. I was gonna put intermissions in it, but ....
tim-one

Postby BostonGuy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Boomerang,

Try going to Womens meetings to avoid your spouse.

Get connected and stay connected to minimize relapses. Meetings and phone calls, or maybe just a cup of coffee with another AA member.

As we say in Boston (and probably other places):

Many meetings, many chances
Few meetings, few chances
No meetings, no chances

Boston Guy
BostonGuy

Postby Dallas » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:41 pm

Hey to ALL of you above that posted those awesome suggestions!!!

You guys/girls got it together!!!! Really good stuff you posted!

So good... that as I was reading it... I was pondering the thoughts of "Wow! That would be really great to incorporate into a little pamphlet or something... and make it available for newcomers to download as a pdf file!"

What'cha think? Any of you feeling a desire to do that?

Another thought... Ya, ya, ya, ya... I know "thinking!" BUT...

"I've been thinking!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

What if... we took a bunch of stuff here... like the good stuff you've all posted... and turned it into some "sound files"... mp3's... that people could download and "listen to" instead of just read it?

Well? What'cha think? :lol: :lol:

(I double that with Tim, in suggesting that the HP forum was a great idea!) I consider myself truly blessed to be around you all!!!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby tim-one » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:07 am

"Many meetings, many chances
No meetings, no chances"

Good one, Bosguy. I love those short-but-sweet-and-really-poignant AA thingies. "Keep it stupid, Simple."

Dallas. That's a cool idea, I think. Yeah, I think, too. STOP THAT!

I've noticed a lot of good stuff here that I don't hear in Houston. I'm only guessing now that what I hear in Houston may not be common elsewhere. Got no idea if I say something that may be new to someone somewhere else. Happens to me all the time talking with you guys from all over.

This is one thing that maybe shouldn't fall in the category of "What you hear here, let it stay here." ... "HEAR HERE!"

So, I reckon, one might gather all the quickies and sort them out for re-dum-dancie. And, maybe, identify coloquial origins.

I'd love it!

Love,
Tim1
tim-one

Postby Jools » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:14 am

Hi Dallas,

I think that's a GREAT idea!! I listen to AA Cd's in my car all the time so if you put some together I'll buy. :D

You're the man with the plan!!!

We're blessed to have this site.

Love ya,
Julie
Jools

Postby Jools » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:26 am

Never heard this b4, bostonguy...thanx for sharing it. :)

Many meetings, many chances
No meetings, no chances
Jools

Postby tim-one » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:35 pm

Dallas,

I'm gonna scour "Heard in Meetings" today and pull out the one's I haven't heard around here.

Thanks for thinkin'. It ain't bad all the time. 8)

I don't ignore those little things. Somebody made it up for some reason. I consider it's ramifications for me (I call it cram-in-fications). If it suits me, I write it on a little card in my pocket thingie. Gotta think quick sometimes.

Love ya,
Tim1
tim-one

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery