- constant slipper on programme without sponser, for first tim

constant slipper on programme without sponser, for first tim

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby sunlight » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi Boomerang,

Just wanted to throw in my 24 hr chip's worth and say that I spent many years focusing on my ex, and wondered why I was just spinning my wheels and hadn't achieved what others had. :?

People in meetings helped me to screw my head around straight and focus on myself and my recovery and when I did, progress was waiting for the next dance! :lol:

Bostonguy had a fabulous idea with women's groups! Many women tell me there's no other place where they feel so safe and accepted. Worth a try!

Easy does it. You're on your way.
sunlight

life in jeopardy

Postby boomerang » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:57 pm

Hi people. Long time since I have written and apoligies for this. Been staying with friens for a while to escape my hubby and been physicaly unwell for a few weeks. Picking up qute nicely now. Attemding meetings day and night and benfiting from it. Havea core group ot about 5 0r alcoholics who travel around meetings together and am neve alone. (finally). Still fighting to return to work unfortunately. Our professional nursing body in London see no reason for me not to, but local authority want to did for more information which I,m not prepared to give to them as it is pertinent to my marraige and outside their remit. Just taking things a day at a time. Hubby now keping away from my home group, at least. I xpect his lawyer has advised him not to go there, as I got a Non-molestion order against him, for a year. Sadly, I had to cencede to allowing him to get an Occupancy order against me, so I am forbidden to go near my former home. It upsets me that I have been found innocent of all allegations, yet had to cencede to an Occupancy order in order to save ny career. Both husband and stepson wer willing to perjure themselves which left me me very much at a disadvantage.... Anyway it's in the past now and life is good forme at present. Thank you all for your support. I took on board what you saiid. I now prray on my knees twice a day. I'm reading thi literature every day and have come to understand more of the big book. I teleppphone at least two member daily and attend meetings every day.
boomerang

Postby tim-one » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:45 am

BOOMERRRRR!

Good to hear from ya, darlin! I'm tickled you're not alone any more! Way to go, girl! Nothin' for you to focus on but staying sober. Believe me, if I'm not sober, I can screw everything up just fine all by myself. :roll:

"No problem is so devastating that a drink won't make it worse." :!:

You don't need some o'THAT! Sounds like you're doing yourself good never being alone. Good girl.

That was my big deal early on. Loner Tim never had a friend that didn't come with a wife. Now I'm surrounded by my own close friends. And, happens, they're ALL SOBER! :D Happy alcoholic me. :wink:

You take care of yourself, k? Let us know how it's going for you. Always good to hear from you. Do that some more, huh?! :)

Love,
Tim1
tim-one

Postby Jools » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:25 pm

Hiya Boomer,

Thanx for keeping us posted on how you're doing. Glad to hear you're building a network and attending meetings daily.

Keep comin' back!
Julie
Jools

boomerang is bouncing back

Postby boomerang » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:32 am

Hi u lovely people. back from my last drink. 7 WEEKS ago. feeling good afternear death experience. No longer a victim thank God. In rehab with our beloved Sr Consilio (saint of no-hope alcoholics herein Ireland) What an experience and a gift. I was loved better and go onto the programme with gusto. Here I am, technically homeless, jobless, financially in a place I have never been before, and at peace. Unbelievable. Thanks to you AA's everywhere and particularly u guys for I'm just getting to your postings now and can appreciate the care and concern you have for a fellw alcoholic who was wracked with anger, self-pity and denial. No longer the case my friends. I'm finally in with the winners. I learned that my drinking was about self-harming; that I no longer need to do that; that am one of God's children and that I do deserve to be here. I learned that I have a terminal illness. I tell myself "Yes, but I can be in remission as long as I don't pick up a drink" How many cancer patients would be glad of that as an alternative? I learned that I can forgive myself for things I did in drink, as my mind was drugged and therefore I was not capable of making rational decisions; BUT I've also learned that I AM responsible for recovery! Simple? You betcha ! Thankyou so much for being there....... Boomer
boomerang

Postby ccs » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:04 pm

welcome back Boomer thanks for checking in it is wonderful that you are back and working the program

GOD Bless and Keep Coming Back

Cess
ccs

boomer

Postby boomerang » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:50 am

hi cess. good to be back in contact. Thanks for not giving up on me. Feelin good again today. Got in my two mtns yesterday but love the help and support from over the pond. Been looking at 12 steps on site and how they can be broken down and worked to the nth degree. I was told to keep it simple and that through the rehab programme I did, have covered them in six weeks. I feel I did. Went to confession for first time in thirty something years and gave it my all, geting absolution and a sense of freedom never known before. Do I have to write reams of stuff and detail every last resentment, wrongdoing etc? I even managed to offer my sis an olive branch which she declined, but I feel I have cleaned my side of the street there at least.......
boomerang

Postby gunner48 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:46 am

Welcome back.
Gunner
gunner48

boomer bak

Postby boomerang » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:34 pm

thanks Gunner. spent all day on sites when not at meeting. lovin it.
boomerang

Postby Dallas » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:10 pm

Boom wrote:I learned that my drinking was about self-harming; that I no longer need to do that;

Imagine that. :wink:

I understand. And, relate. Self-harming a Self that's already hurting! I was trying to find that inner-child inside me and kill the lil' SOB! :wink: :lol: :lol:

That's my story.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery