- Hi, my name is Gary

Hi, my name is Gary

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby GaryK » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:06 pm

:D
Man, do I feel better!
Like 10 years younger and a 1000 lbs. lighter.
Almost like a Real Person.

We're sittin on the deck, I'm pukin it up, and he musta smelt the "Garbage".
This 200 lbs. Black Bear strolls accross my yard, stands up on his hind legs for a few seconds, shakes his head and walks away.

I'm goin to bed with renewed hope.
G :)
GaryK

Postby Jools » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:21 pm

Hiya Gary,

Just wanted to extend a belated welcome to you. It's great to have your around here sharing with us.

Keep it comin'
Julie
Jools

Postby GaryK » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks Julie
I like it here. :)
GaryK

Postby Memgal306 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi Gary - WELCOME! I am Kim and an alcoholic. Keep coming back. :o
Memgal306

Postby GaryK » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:09 pm

Hey Sober People.

Just stopped in to say howdy, and thank Y'all for the support in my first few days of this newest leg of the journey.
Commin up on 5 months C&S! And Lovin It!

Got a pretty good routine gonin on with about 5-6 meetings a week, regular contact with my Sponsor, doin what I gotta/WANNA do for myself.

This is where it is at for this old drunk.

G
GaryK

Postby ccs » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:35 pm

thats awesome Gary thanks for letting us know how your doing sounds like a good foundation congrats on 5 months Keep coming back !!

yourSister in Sobriety
Cess
ccs

Postby Devorah » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:33 pm

I love this entire thread. It has brought me back to every aspect of myself- pre drinking, lots of drinking and even being a scared, shell of a girl in sobriety.

Almost a year now...lots of meeting, great sponsor but somehow dancing alone.

Fears are dissipating. Resentments loosening their grip. The bottle a distant memory. I like being alone. Not crazy about being lonely. I am learning to parent my children without anxiety. I am learning to love myself and think of myself as a friend.

I am healthy and I am becoming....facing things I couldn't feel before. One day at a time.

I am glad I found you all.

My name is Devorah and I am an alcoholic.
Devorah

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:48 am

Great stuff all. It's been an wild ride for sure. My current sponsor is from NH and I spent a lot of time around them parts when I was younger. Some of them I even remember :D

Let the proverbial Pheonix rise 8)

I could never ever have dreamed the course my life would take this year when I landed in Singapore from Manilla. I had drank from Dec. 8th until Dec. 19th and didn't eat the last week or so. I was a derelict in one fine hotel and was one fine site the day I checked out.

Lost my job in the middle of that.

Got back into the meetings and a new sponsor who kicked my butt and just worked AA one day at a time and just kept the faith that if I did the next right thing things would work out as they should. Not as I want but as they should. Today I am employed and apart from being a bit of a lazy bu*$ger I am employable.

I do not know what the future will bring but I do not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. I have once AGAIN worked through the steps and my new approach is to try to apply the principals to my entire life. My goal is to be the same person all the time in every situation but that will still require work :P :oops: :P :oops: :P

Welcome Gary. I can not express in words the important role this site and the people on it have played in my life in 2009.

I have a 5 year old daughter. Last Christmas was very interesting but with the help of my sponsor she was able to have a Christmas that worked in the sense that she did not see the reality of what had happened. It is a blessing for me really one of the first ones of the new journey.

My wife on the other hand was a zombie I had to literaly pull her around the shops to get some gifts for my kid. She was already gone and I had to at least keep it together so that if we were going to get divorced that we did it properly. I was not fighting it just trying to keep it sane.

Those early days really became one day at a time for me and that faith:D

I can forget all that also but I make an effort now not to. An effort I never made before. I better shut up. Now. Take care all.
Ranman99

Previous

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery