- Randy in Singapore

Randy in Singapore

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Randy in Singapore

Postby Ranman99 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Just thought I would join and sa hello. My first AA meeting was about 18 years ago. Cruising up on 9 months now of real sobriety i.e. no substances. I am the chronic slipper ;-) Finally after just loosing somthing imporant and about to risk loosing somthing I treasure i.e. my 4.5 year old daughter I surrendered cam back in got a new sponsor and started step work with a vengance. I thank my HP that I was unemployed for about 4 months (thanks to booze of course) but I was able to buckle down and only work program every day and walk with the faith that if I just do the next right thing to the best of my ability every day I would walk through this and everything would work out. So far it has and all things are coming just at the time I am ready for them. It took me about 3.5 months to totally surrender and stop fighting my new U.S. Marine style sponsor and take the suggestions to the best of my ability. I had had 3 months in 2007 with a kinder gentler spiritual guru sponsor but that had collapsed when the fellow moved and I started business travel again. I have been blessed ( I am not religous but I am able to use religous words now if I choose to, like God but I prefer Great Spirit or Power of the Universe) that since I came back this time I have not had a craving and I have chosen to have faith that I will not have a craving even when I hit some of those normal trigger areas. I have had problems with Airports, Airplanes and Hotel rooms but I have not had to travel yet for business. It is on the horizon and I have a faith now that I can do the enxt right things on a daily basis and that old familiar craving will remain vanquished. So for now I will sit back and check out this site now and again as part of my rituals. There's a young fellow from Texas in my morning home group so I can hear you all the way over here. LOL - Randy. This time around I am interested in any of you that have had what I like to call subtle, sublime synchronicty type events that seem to let us know that something very magical and mystical is available in this universe if we choose to choose it!!! I could tell you some interesting stories. Maybe later in another forum.
Ranman99

Postby DebbieV » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:52 am

Hi Randy,

Welcome to the forum!!!

Randy Wrote:
This time around I am interested in any of you that have had what I like to call subtle, sublime synchronicty type events that seem to let us know that something very magical and mystical is available in this universe if we choose to choose it!!!

I think I have magical and mystical events happen everyday of my life. I think we all do if we can stop and see them. Someone said in another post about watching a thunderstorm, to me that is magical. Waking up sober every day for a year is mystical and magical for me. Seeing my pup turn into a full-blown dog is magical. Man I could go on and on.
I'm not sure if that was you were talking about, but it sure gave me a warm heart thinking about all the magic in my life today.

I look forward to hearing some of your stories.

Debbie
DebbieV

Postby ROBERT » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:20 am

Welcome Randy, lots of kind, wonderful folks here! Reading your post takes me back- I was a chronic "Do it yourselfer" I don't believe I slipped, I just wasn't ready to try another way to live until I exhausted all my-"Countless vain attempts" by Gods grace I'm alive to share my experience? Lots of people I knew personally, and didn't know died or went to prison for yrs, or are still living that way! As for -subtle sublime sychronicty-hows about a simple example-your alive with another chance! My prayers will include you and your family, Randy. "LOL" Ps. It took me 19 yrs to surrender Randy- I felt like a complete loser, It wasn't my time until it was my time-just that simple, I discovered this is the ONLY game in town where the"Losers Win" Were all winners- some times we just don't see it. Hang in there.
ROBERT

Thanks

Postby Ranman99 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:38 pm

Thanks guy's these ones I can identify with. Had a good morning session in Singapore today with just four members. Nice and cosey and down and dirty!!! If I ever get to heaven it will be from running towards the light;-)
Ranman99

Postby ccs » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:17 pm

HELLOO RANDY (WELCOME!!!!)

thanks for sharing I hope you will contiue to share your journey with us
this is truly a great place to spend time and I thank you for joining in and helping me today
its wonderful to have you as a new addition to our family please keep coming back :)

your sister in sobriety

LUV-2-ALL

Cess
ccs

Postby Dallas » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:07 am

Hello Randy! Welcome to the forum!!! Nice to have you here with us.

"Wow! Look ma! I can be in Singapore and the USA at the same time! ... and, I'm still not God!" :lol:

Nice to fellowship with you!

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:14 am

and in a parallel univers we are all members of Pink Floyd ;-)
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:22 am

It will take too much brain power for me to figure that one out! I have to reserve my brain power for unimportant things that I need to be thinking about! :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:31 am

Fair enough!!! as per usual I could go on and on and on and on.

I touched base with a fellow I will call Texas Steve living here in the tropics with me. We are going to do some 10, 11 and 12 work as my sponsor seems to trail off a bit after 9. Maybe after I can share a little back with this forum and my own sponsor.

Great site and thanks to you all!!

This is were it all gets good!
Randy
Ranman99

Postby ROBERT » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 am

funny stuff Dallas :lol: :lol:
ROBERT

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery