- *****DEFINING MYSELF*****

*****DEFINING MYSELF*****

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

*****DEFINING MYSELF*****

Postby ROBERT » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi, I'm Robert, today I am a recovered alcoholic--The awakenings that come are many, a shift in my perception from defining my self as "An Alcoholic" has changed, it seems reasonable that I needed to have that belief, for the time it took to reach a new awareness I learned many things I needed to learn as "An Alcoholic"--today it feels to cramped inside that box, so I feel a sense of freedom, never before experienced, by defining myself as a person first, who has a disease called ALCOHOLISM. This shift in perception feels empowering. Today I am recovered-but I need to move on as a human being, and this shift helps, I will always have alcoholism, and as long as I follow a few simple rules-I can remain recovered, a day at a time, and it is exciting to sense the limitless possibilities to expand as a person. Life is great, God is awesome, and A.A.... WORKS. Has any one else had this experience?
ROBERT

Postby Dallas » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:15 am

Edited for clarification.
Last edited by Dallas on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ROBERT » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:36 pm

OK Dallas sounds like Eckhart had the experience, I know his work; "In the Now"-good stuff. So are you saying "yes" or "no"-to having experienced this type of awakening, or that you think Eckhart did and to support me your sharing Eckharts experience vicariously, or that I need to hear what you need to hear? I'm feeling distracted, but I believe there was an intent on conveying a message in there, I am un-able to decipher it just yet :shock: From 12X12 pg.106-"When a man or women HAS an awakening (implies more of), the most important meaning of it is that he has now become able to do , feel, AND believe that which he could not do before on his unaided strength and resources alone. He has been granted a gift which amounts to a NEW STATE OF CONCIOUSNESS AND BEING, so we will have, more of, new states of conciousness-this isn't saying any thing about alcohol, or alcoholism-it's refering to us, personally, and spiritually-if we continually seek to grow and become,as human beings,the higher levels of awarenesses we will. So Eckhart was on the mark- would anyone else like to share their experience, you've had, with the type of awakening we're discussing. :D
ROBERT

Postby Dallas » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:37 pm

Edited for clarification
Last edited by Dallas on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ROBERT » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:52 pm

DUDE, I was asking a question-point blank, period-your a trip, oh, just to say so I can hear it!! No one can make me wonder or try to figure any thing out-thats my decision :shock:
ROBERT

Postby Dallas » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:16 pm

Edited for clarification
Last edited by Dallas on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:22 pm

Edited for clarification
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby ROBERT » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:27 pm

:shock: WOW :shock:
ROBERT

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery