- Hello , Everyone !

Hello , Everyone !

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hello , Everyone !

Postby Alky Tone » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:51 am

Good morning folks
I am Tony and im an alcoholic 8)
I came into contact with someone from the fellowship on the 20th March 2006, and have not had to take a drink since. My sobriety date starts the day after on the 21st March 2006. I say that , not because i am bigging myself up , but the simple fact that the programme of Alcoholics Anonymous , and the fellowship , and a Higher Power ( of my understanding ) have removed the compulsion to drink.
I came to the fellowship truly beaten, praying to die every night while laying next to my beautiful wife and son. When i awoke that feeling of impending doom was upon me and the feelings of guilt , remorse , shame , i had to drink to take those emotions away.When the drink stopped doing what it was supposed to , i had no choice but to try to end it all.
When one day i was on a bender in my garage , the only place left for me. ( or so i thought ) , i admitted to my wife and more importantly to myself that i had a problem. It was right at that moment my Higher Power stepped in gently pushed me to a neighbours house who i did not know very well, nor did i know he was in recovery. All i knew was that his wife worked in one of the local hospitals , and i thought that she might know of some help i could get. When she asked me what the problem was and i explained that i " Had a Drinking Problem " she immediately said " Would you like to talk to my husband "
" Why? "i said
" He is 11 years sober in Alcoholics Anonymous "
"Yes " i said.
There started the recovery process for me right there. As result i have been " Rocketed into a 4th Dimension of existence ".
Sorry i went on bit , but it gives some background to how i got started on this wonderful journey.
If you are new and wondering if this is the thing for you ? Don't leave before the MIRACLE happens.
LOVE IN FELLOWSHIP. :P
Alky Tone

Postby ccs » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:23 pm

Wow Tony what an awesome story Isnt it amazing how GOD works in our lives HE put an Alcoholic in your reach knowing that you would need to reach out to him someday :)

Welcome to the forum I am Cessie an alcoholic I am so looking forward to hearing more of you E,S,&H and to getting to know another Brother in this wonderful Family Fellowship Of A.A.

LUV-2-All Your Sister in Sobriety Cess
ccs

Postby Ranman99 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:27 pm

Gotta' love it Alky Tone. In the garage eh? 8) Funny where we immigrate to basements, garages, park benches, the Ritz Carlton :lol: :lol: . Man oh man. I’m about to start working with my first sponsored one today and just logging in to see what up. Great inspiration. Wherever I go now I do try to think of how I can be of service to all people but sure as shoot always got that is there an Alkie that needs assistance radar going on.
Have a great one. :P

Darn good job that HP hangs out in garages, basements, parks and nice hotels also :roll:
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:29 am

Hello Tony! Welcome to the forum.
I was trying to reply to your message two days ago but I suddenly discovered that a worm got in my pc and I had to shut down fast.

Best wishes,

Dallas B.
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery