- TRYING SOMETHING DIFFERENT

TRYING SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

TRYING SOMETHING DIFFERENT

Postby HARLEY » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:31 pm

dos:NOVEMBER 23,2003
Although I have some time in sobriety I have been discontent.I recognize that while sober I am still stuck in old patterns of doing and being.I go to meetings 3-4 times a week..and am making an attempt to include a week end speaker.I live 45 mins out of town ...so I don't drive on weekends.I am also including more service work at the meeting I attend and another group is getting more serious about have a business/steering committee...so something may come up there for me to help.I have stepped up to chair a meeting weekly...so a bit of angst over that.I have been wanting to do this for sometime.I have been mulling over this idea of a power greater than myself....the first "step"was to let go of any and all childhood perceptions of god and relearn that "god" has no gender.
I also have had difficulty in establishing a relationship with another as a sponser...I have an online one and it was okay...
enough for now ..thanks for listening :D [/list]
HARLEY

Postby gunner48 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:54 am

Welcome to site. Hope we can be of service
Gunner
gunner48

Postby Dallas » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:13 pm

Thanks for sharing, Harley. Keep coming back and be sure to check in and let us know how the service is treating you. :wink:

For me, the key to being sober and happy about it, is to stay busy. Helping others reminds me of where I came from, and where I can still end... if I slack up on doing the work. It also helps me to stay grateful for what I've got now... regardless of how much or how little. Anything sober is better than what it used to be for me.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery