- Hi my name is Mike Im from Poland

Hi my name is Mike Im from Poland

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hi my name is Mike Im from Poland

Postby MichalF » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:04 am

This is my first attempt at such kind of forum. I find it not easy, because of my bad English. I think its an great opportunity to polish my English :)
I've been sober by the Grace of God since July 08, 1989. One month before communism had colapsed in my country. I've stayed sober from my first AA meeting. Today I would like to say with the strong emphatic DO - It DO belive that works! This simple programme for complicated people :)
Nowadays We have more than 2000 groups in Poland still growing.
I am greatful for waking up without syndrome yesterday,s day :wink:
I am greatful for little argue with my younger daugther which came to ceasefire 8)
I am greatful I went to cinema with my wife yesterday evening and I remember this movie what was about.
Love you all
Mike
MichalF

Postby gunner48 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:41 am

WELCOME MIKE. CONGRATULATION ON YOUR 20 YEARS WITHOUT DRINK.I hope you will add much to this forum. Your english is excellent. Happy to know you.
Gunner
gunner48

Postby sunlight » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi Mike! :D

I'm Sunlight & I live in Colorado USA and I'm Polish too!

I was just getting out some of my Polish Christmas decorations and thinking of all the wonder family traditions this time of year.

There are many Polish people here in Denver and they are a fun-loving bunch! One thing we know how to do is party, and be sober on top of it!

Welcome to the forum. How lovely to have you here.
Please tell us a little about AA in Poland.
sunlight

Postby Dallas » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:58 pm

Hello Mike! Again, welcome to the site! Great to have you here.

Don't worry about the English... I mess up with it, too! :lol:

It's the language of the heart that we understand and relate to. And, that's the language that we try to speak here....

Also... maybe someday I can visit Poland and you can take me to some of those Polish groups!

Keep coming back.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:09 pm

Welcome Michal. Great to have you hear and great to hear AA is doing fine in Poland. I'm a Canadian in Singapore. Last weekend I went on a 12 step call with another Canadian and a Swede. The fellow on the bed was also a Swede. My comment was that with two Canadians and two Swedes in the same room we were lucky a hockey game didn't break out :lol: :lol:

Keep on keepin' on.

Ciao,
Ranman99

Postby Dallas » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:20 pm

How is the living conditions in Singapore? Have you guys found something I should check in to?
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby MichalF » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi again. Thanks for welcome.
It,s wonderful meet here compatriot. Poles are just like plague :wink:
Maybe that is reason why AA in Poland so fast growing.
This summer We celebrated 35 th Anniversary of AA in Poland. There were a lot guests from abroad. Great time, unforgettable moments!
Next Year in my home city LODZ July 17 will being our regional 25th Anniversary.
10 yrs ago in 15th same event We had vistors from Moscow and Kaliningrad.
We are going to invite fellows from Czech Rebublic.
They are brilliant expert of hockey

:D
I have great pleasure in inviting you for a visit Polish AA
MichalF

Postby Clawsywp » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:54 pm

Hello
I hope someone Polish can help me. I go to a meeting that sometimes has a lot of Polish people arrive who cannot speak english.

The meeting is held in a place which is run by nuns. Some of the polish men come down to the meeting. Some might have a drink problem and some might not but we can't do much to help because we can't speak to them.

I am hoping someone Polish can help translate a letter or something for us so we can give them something to read which explains what the meeting is, and where also they can go to a Polish speaking meeting if they want that.

I have a list of the Polish speaking meetings in London.

I need someone to translate the start bit for me though.

I am thinking perhaps the notice needs to say something like:( BUT IF YOU HAVE BETTER SUGGESTIONS PLEASE DO THEM!)

---------

"This is an AA meeting, you are welcome here but there are Polish speaking meetings to attend if you prefer.

Polish speaking Alcoholic anonymous meetings:

London, Thursday, 1930, Polish Speaking - St Ignatius Jesuit Parish Church, 27 High Road, Stamford Hill, N15 6ND

London Thursday 2000 Polish Speaking - Christ the King Polish RC Church, 234 Balham High Rd. (Entrance right side, back of church in Library). SW17

London Saturday 1730 Polish Speaking - Polish Catholic Church, 2 Windsor Road, W5

London Sunday 1245 Polish Speaking - Polish Catholic Church, 2 Windsor Road, W5

London Sunday 2015 Polish Speaking - Polish Catholic Church, 2 Windsor Road, W5

--------
Clawsywp

Postby MichalF » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:44 pm

Hello Clawsywp!
I enjoyed reading what you wrote. I appreciate you tray help folks from Poland. Please send me by PW your mail address I will send you AA Pamphlets in Polish like: "a Newcomer asks", "Is A.A. for You?"
There is list of Polish speaking meetings In England and Scotland
http://www.aa.org.pl/mityngi/swiat/
Click WYSPY BRYTYJSKIE copy it and print
I know that links is not allowed here Plz Dallas be understanding

Happy to know You
Mike
MichalF

Postby Dallas » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:58 pm

Mike, they just told me that your link is good... and to keep it on the site!

Gee, my friend!!! You have friends in High Places!!! :lol:

They told me to do anything necessary to help you Carry The Message! :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Next

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery