- My name is Caitlin and I am an alcoholic and bulimic.

My name is Caitlin and I am an alcoholic and bulimic.

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

My name is Caitlin and I am an alcoholic and bulimic.

Postby caitlin1988 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:37 pm

I am on here to help take care of my addiction to alcohol. I do not drink as heavy as some people, but the addiction is there.

My alcohol came from my addiction to food that also led me to bulimia. Alcohol helps me purge. I am not here to judge. I am here to seek help. I know I am only 21, but an addictive personality makes me want to be an all or nothing person.

If anyone wants to speak with me, feel free to send me a message.
caitlin1988

Postby NoCOguy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:55 pm

Glad you are here.

The only requirement for membership is desire to stop drinking.

AA has no opinion on outside issues...

Until I got those thru my head I was never going to make it. The type and amount of pain killers I need daily just to get out of bed and go to a meeting would be a relapse for some in some programs.
I am here to stop drinking and nothing else matters. I am honest with my sponsor, DRs, and shrink on what I am doing and no one else needs to know all the little details of my problems.
You are never to young to get sober. I heard a girl speak last night that is 21 and coming up on 3 years. Her story was amazing and how from drink one, it was drink till she passed out. She only drank for 8 years or so but for some that's all the experimenting they need. I am a little thicker in the skull than that and need a little longer to come to my own realization.
NoCOguy

keep coming back

Postby crazylion » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks for sharing :D

It is important to your sobriety to open up and share your problems to others so the weight is lifted off your chest. The amount you drink or how long you have been drinking is not important.

What is important is that you realize you have a problem and that it takes a power greater than yourself to help you with your problem.

As a person with the disease of alcoholism I am subject to many addictions. Whether it be caffeine, nicatine etc.

But once I work the program and realize the character defects that enhance my disease. I can fix them which helps me stay sober.

Keep coming back :!: :!: :!:

It works if you work it :D
crazylion

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery