- All about me

All about me

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

All about me

Postby 918gma » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:06 am

I thought we shy ed away from that.

Oh well, here it goes. I'm 918gma. 918 is a law enforcement term for crazy. The GMA of course is because I am a grandmother of two wonderful boys. I also have three other children. Had to get the grandsons from some where. I have been a single parent most of the time.

I have been sober for 17 months today. I at this moment in time have never felt better. Will I be able to say that an hour from now, or tomorrow, I don't know but right now I can say it. And it feels good.

I don't like to delve too much in drunk a logs because that's not where the solution is. I have one, we all do or we wouldn't be here.

I work in Law enforcement, which is kinda of a handicap for me some times in the program, because it scares people away. It shouldn't. We are people too. This disease has no prejudices. So please don't ever shy away from me for that. I am nothing to be afraid of. Unless you consider the fact that I am insane. But we all have that problem. It comes as a package deal with every thing else.

I have been a part of this forum for some time now, and it has been a great help to me. I love to write and some times I think I can do it better than I can speak.

There are some awesome people I have met through this forum, that have really helped me to stay on track. It doesn't replace meetings which I am late for one now, but it sure makes a great supplement. Thanks for letting me share
918gma

Postby Rusty Zipper » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:07 am

how'dy 9 nice ta meet ya again. always remember. ya may be crazy :shock: . but the program is restoring us to sanity :roll: have a good one taday! all my xxxooo PC :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby JR » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:15 pm

GMA,

I feel like I have gotten to know you pretty well on the PM's and I really like to read the stuff you share on the site. You have helped me a lot with your down to earth, real life sharing that makes me see that practicing the principles of AA will keep you sober even through the most difficult things life can throw at you. I'm so glad you are on this site, you've 12th stepped me a few times.

Easy Does It,

JR
JR

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery