- Hello From Germany

Hello From Germany

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hello From Germany

Postby sa » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:23 am

Hi Friends,

my name is sabine and I am an alcoholic from Germany. It´s great to have found this Forum ! I have been sober since 1985, with a lot of support from AA.

I wish everybody sober 24 hours

Sabine
sa

Postby MichalF » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:42 am

Hello Sabine
Welcome to the forums. I am very glad to meet you here.
We have a severe winter this year in our part of Europe. I can,t remember such cold and snow :shock:
Thanks God We have the way to warm up our hearts :D
Keep coming back.
Mike
MichalF

Postby sa » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:49 am

Hi Michal,

thanks for the nice welcome. Here in Northern Germany it is alo really cold and there is a lot of now.

from where In Poland are you ? - After graduating from school I went to Poland for a long vacation (1977), and then again 1978 and 1979. I loved the country !!!!!! But I also drank a lot then , and in those times it seemd like everybody was drinking there..After I got sober I did never return to Poland because I was scared of drinking. But obviously there are AA-groups there too and my guess is that it would be really different now.

Sober 24 hours

Sabine
sa

Postby Dallas » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:52 pm

Hello sabine! Great to meet you! Thanks for joining in and sharing yourself with us! I appreciate you and hope that you'll be here often!

Best wishes for you,

Dallas B.
in the middle of the USA. :wink:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sa » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:39 am

Hi Dalles B,

thanks for the welcome. Years agi I have been to Texas (San Antonio) and I also went ther eto an AA-meeting. I remember that I had a really hard time to understand the locals... :D

Best Wishes

Sabine
sa

Postby Dallas » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:42 am

I've never been to San Antonio sober! :lol: :lol: And, I've been told I've been to San Antonio... but I have no memory of it! :lol:

I'm not from Texas... I'm just one of those "Drug Store Cowboys!"

What is a "Drug Store Cowboy"?

When I was a little kid... small town drug stores had statues of Cowboys outside! :lol:

They weren't real cowboys... I wanted to be a real cowboy but I wasn't tough enough! :lol: So, I was only a cowboy legend in my own mind. :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby MichalF » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:51 pm

Hi everyone
I live in central Poland- ŁÃ³dź .City called home of four cultures
You are right We have here a long tradition of consume high percentage liquids.
German fellowship supported us very strong at eighties by visiting and providing AA literature.
It is funny, once I had red some pamphlet translated from German to Polish and ten years after I got the same this time translated directed from English and I found a few differences.
Thank You, German friends for a help. Nowadays We carry the message further to the Beloruss, the Ukraine.
Dallas is a natural flower child from southern California as can you recognize by his accent...and behaviour
:) :) :)
Love you all
Mike
MichalF

Postby sa » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi Mike,

it´s great to hear that AA is also now in Poland. How known is ist there ? How many groups do you have in a city like Lodz ? And it´s been brought now alos to the ukraine ? - I went 4 years ago to Sibiria for a vacation, to take a hike at lake Baikal (GREAT lake, actual more a kind of ocean than a lake) . I stayed some days in Irkutsk and got the impression that there were many drunk people and that alcohol was a big problem. I have no idea wether there is also AA in Russia but I sure hope so.

In my hometown AA was brought in the sixties / seventies, first by American soldiers. We have hier ein Bremen now something like 60 AA-groups a week. I got sober with the groups here, for me AA really works fine.

Dallas, you are from Southern California ? Do you still live there ? because it you do, you might send some sunshine +good weather to us; we are drowning in snow...

Best Wishes

Sabine
sa

Postby GeoffS » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:06 pm

Great to hear from our friends in Poland and Germany, and I always find it amazing that people like you guys can talk on here so effortlessly in your second or maybe even third language, and some of us struggle with English.

I'm from Scotland originally so I'm with you on the cold thing. Would happily send you some of our 40 degree heat up there!!
GeoffS

Postby sa » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:09 am

HI Geoffs,

thanks for the compliments ! How did you get from Scotland to Australia ? And is AA in Australia widespread ?

For the languages; I studied several languages in school . I love foreign languages, and I also love travelling. And if one wants to understand a (foreign) cultur one also had to understand the language.

So send us some heat ; we can really use it. It snowed yesterday again, the streets are slippery because there is no salt anymore and you really have to be careful walking around.

Best Wishes

Sabine
sa

Next

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery