- Greetings from a newcomer from Thailand

Greetings from a newcomer from Thailand

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Greetings from a newcomer from Thailand

Postby Pauly C » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Hi Guys,

an old retread signing into my first ever aa forum.

I'm 55 years old, originally from Oxford, England, but not the university.

Now living in Chiang Mai Thailand......today I am on day 54 since I had a relapse after 6 months of sobriety. I have just got back from a holiday in Bali where I nearly slipped but I had a great aa guy who has now become a good friend who helped me every day...my first sober holiday abroad since 2001.

Do I need to tell more?

I will if asked

I am hoping to get a lot out of this forum, I have read about step 4 which I am preparing to take and am quite nervous about it, thats how I found the forum..what I have read so far sounds good.

One day I would like to be of help to newcomers, and maybe I am by sharing about my relapses in meetings, but for now I will probably content myself with reading and digesting the great info I find here.

In fellowship

Pauly :roll:
Pauly C

Postby Dallas » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:52 am

Pauly wrote:One day I would like to be of help to newcomers

Pauly! You're helping newcomers and oldtimers right now -- just by being here and sharing about you! So, I hope you keep coming back often! We need all the help we can get and you could be the difference for any one of us!

Welcome to the site! Congrats on your sobriety! We're all wishing and hoping and rooting for your success!!! And, we are here for you -- if there is anything that we can do for you.

Thanks for posting your message. I appreciate you.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sunlight » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:34 pm

Welcome Pauly and thank you for helping us today.

It's amazing to me how many people we can help just by sharing from the heart. You sure reached mine!

Gratefully,
sunlight
sunlight

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery