- Dont know what to say

Dont know what to say

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Dont know what to say

Postby 1love » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:16 am

Hello,

I am new to the site, and dont know where to start or what to say. I have been sober for a little over a year now, I have worked thru the steps and I am happier than I have ever been. Wake up daily giving thanks. I think thats it for now. I hope to find some great insight and friends on this site.

1love.....
1love

Postby JonG » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Welcome to the site, I'm new here as well but there is a lot of good reading material and great people.
JonG

Postby GeoffS » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:48 pm

Stick around folks, you'll find some great sharing, genuine caring and even the odd laugh here.

cheers
Geoff
GeoffS

Postby Dallas » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:55 am

Yes! Welcome to the site! Thanks for introducing yourself. Now, let's get busy being friends! :lol: I don't want to bore you w/ a bunch of stuff about me... there's already too much me here! But, I do want to learn about you! Your turn! :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby 1love » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:18 pm

Thank you for the welcome! I appreciate it.

Im not sure what it is you want to learn about. I dont want to bore you with stuff about myself. :roll:

I am very lucky. I have wonderful friends and family that love and support me. I have a great job, that I love. I have learned not to get upset about the things that I cannot change and have no control over. All it does is make me upset and the problem still exists...so why bother?! I give something 15 minutes....if at the end of that 15 minutes, im still upset, well then, I just build a bridge and get over it! It really helps. I have reduced my stress levels by up to 98%:) . I have also learned to take time for myself. That I am an important person that I need to spend time with as well. This life is a blessing, and as I have seen way to many times in my life, it can be cut short at anytime. I live for today and hope for tomorrow and leave the rest to my angels.

Alright, now its your turn. Tag...you're it. :lol:
1love

Postby Dallas » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:50 am

My turn :lol:

I've just discovered that you -- have a lot of good experience, strength and hope to share with us and with those that come later and with those that read the forums but never participate other than by reading.

That's what I learned. :wink: I do personally understand and relate to what you've shared. That has happened to me, also. For me, it took a long time for it to materialize. And, had I not been so hard-headed and determined to do things my way, years before -- I could have had it sooner, by finding someone like you and asking "How'd you do that? Do you think I might be able to do that too -- if I do what you did?" :wink:

So! I hope you stick around here and share with us!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby 1love » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:33 pm

Hmmm....well....you shared, a lil bit! But you more shared about me! :lol:

Thank you.

I will try and stick around as long as you all want me to.
1love

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery