- New to the site as well

New to the site as well

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

New to the site as well

Postby Guiseppe » Mon May 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Hello everyone :) Just found out about this site today, looks to be an awesome addition to my program. LOTS of input on living booze free, which I need! I put a note into one of the other threads here...how do i find it? i couldn't figure out a way to see where I put that thought!

Yesterday was 3 weeks sober for me. I watched my mom die from cirrhosis of the liver, my brother would have gone that way except his heart got him first - I'm making the commitment that MY kids won't have to watch me die that way. More so, I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm ready for the change.

Looking forward to some new things in life, but for today, just making it through the day is a blessing.

Blessings,
Guiseppe
Guiseppe

Postby Dallas » Tue May 18, 2010 2:28 pm

Hello Guiseppe! Thanks for sharing and thank you for introducing yourself, too! We appreciate you and we hope you keep coming back!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby butch » Tue May 18, 2010 4:15 pm

welcome Guiseppe;
three weeks become three months which can lead to years but only one day at a time. i get something from every post and am looking forward to your thoughts as well. keep on keeping on.
butch
butch

Postby Dallas » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:56 am

Welcome to the site Shadow! Grab a cup of java, some cookies or donuts and make yourself at home here! :lol: Thanks for sharing. For me, when I first started sharing -- in meetings or on the Internet -- it was difficult. I hope it's not that way for you, but, if it is... remember, you're not alone! Most of us have had similar experiences. That's why we end up here -- instead of over there. :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery