- Glad to be here!

Glad to be here!

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Glad to be here!

Postby Spiritman » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:03 am

Hello,

I started drinking when I was old enough to drink!
Sips, licks, and such from a loving family (uncles and a mom), non of whom are alcoholics today, or were they then, according to them! All but one died in their 50’s! Heart problems and such, nothing to do with alcohol according to them and the family members…
Yes, a wonderful family of alcoholics. Yep, I started drinking when I could… and as I got older I would walk around the house and ask for sips, sneak slurps, and steal bottles. Mmmm, life was good and boozy.
I drank regular and often: just to get drunk, not be cool or be like one of the fellows.
I’m sober today. Have been since I woke up. And I have been fortunate to wake up sober for 12 years now.
I’ve been running around the rooms since November 1973. I quit drinking in 1973 and started using drugs for several years. Stopped the drugs and stayed sober and drug free for many years. June 1993 I had my last two shots of rum. I realized what I was doing, spit the last shot out and ran to the phone. I was in Boone at the time, and knew who to call and where to go!
I’m grateful to accept that I am an alcoholic.
I’m grateful to be who I am today.
I am grateful to have found this web page.

Prayer, Enlightenment, Acceptance, Concern, Empowerment!

Peace,
The Spiritman
Spiritman

Postby Rusty Zipper » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:33 pm

spiritman, a blessed welcome to the site. it's wonderfull on your sober time. and nice to see you have the attitude of gratitude. hope you stick around. a great bunch around hear. good wishes to you. and hope to ttus. xo, the Zip :wink:
Rusty Zipper

Postby JR » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:00 pm

Spiritman,

Thank you for sharing your story. I'm really glad you are sharing on this site. I hope you will continue to share your experience, strength and hope here.

JR
JR

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery