Three Weeks.....unbelievable

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!
CK Stealth

Postby CK Stealth » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:32 am

Three weeks are now closing in on 2 months sober. There are days I want it to speed up and be a year, other days I think 'slow down!'. Since starting to attend meetings not one has gone by by without having a >>>>JOLT<<<<<< experience revealing my true alcholoic self. Last night's meeting my 'aha' moment was when someone read about 'Live and Let Live'. I'm living but there are a couple of people that I am definitely not letting live. So that's my assignment for the week.

I love this time in my live, it's so honest. I'm greatful for all of you here and this site.

God Bless......as usual I'll keep you posted.

ck

PeaceJoy

Postby PeaceJoy » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:37 am

CK, I can identify with you on the "live and let live" thing. I need to be reminded of that too. I've got enough of my own junk to deal with. I don't need to get into others' junk. At least I think that's what "live and let live" is referring to.

Keep on trudging,

PeaceJoy~

Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:02 pm

Wow, that's awesome Carol!!!!! It does make it so much more exciting and easier, too, when we keep ourselves right in the middle of a pack of a bunch of sobriety-hunting sobriety-hounds! :lol: I have a high respect and regard for the Fellowship up in your area. I wish I didn't live so far away from it! Sounds like you're having fun -- and what more could we really ask for, than to have fun -- sober? :wink:

Dallas

CK Stealth

Postby CK Stealth » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:37 pm

Thanks PeaceJoy, nice to know I have someone who identifies with that.

LOL Dallas! I go to a Wednesday night group that is wild about honesty and enthusiasm. I mean we go the solid time limit and the leader WILL NOT let anyone be silent as we discuss the Steps. And to be honest when I first showed up at this group I thought I definitely would not fit in. Wow, was I wrong! So I'm all done with that fear thing.

Sobriety rules! :!:

Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Dallas » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:05 am

I just might have to stay over a couple of nights up there to get enough of that good coffee that you're being served! LOL. My heart cries out to be smack dab in the middle of a pocket full of AA Enthusiasm!!! Put me in that environment and I feel like a sober teenaged Energizer Bunny! :lol:

I love AA and I love the people and all that they have done for me. There is nothing like it anywhere in the world.

Dallas

Return to “Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery”