- Daily Check-In

Daily Check-In

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby PeaceJoy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi everybody! I had a great New Year's. I spent the weekend with my sponsor. We watched movies and sewed and read out of Experience, Strength and Hope. It was awesome. And waking up without a hangover on Jan 1st......priceless!
Today was back to job hunting. I got a call back and an interview set up for Wednesday at 2:00. Woohoo! I am soooo happy about that. I think it would be a great job for me........and I will have the pressure off me from my husband to get a job. :wink: We're hurting financially for sure.
Keeping my head on straight, working step 2 and journaling. It's a good life.

Peacejoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Dallas » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:54 pm

I'm still here. :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toddy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:26 pm

way to go Judy,

my 1st sober holiday week in 35 years what a waste of 35 years.

wife and son tag teemed me on the 2nd about how useless I was blah blah, its ok though Im sober and. they gotta try a new game now, I have a whole lotta people, and a new playbook on my side.

Toddy
Toddy

Postby Toddy » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:41 pm

sorry to double dip here but i will. I know not everyone is 12 &12 fan but at my step meeting tonight we read the 12th, I read it again when I got home, what a wonderful summary of the power of the program. my 2 cents

Toddy
Toddy

Postby Bensober » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:24 am

No Toddy, if its the 12th Step U R just “CARRYINGâ€
Bensober

Postby JudyJersey » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:21 am

PeaceJoy wrote:Hi everybody! I had a great New Year's. I spent the weekend with my sponsor. We watched movies and sewed and read out of Experience, Strength and Hope. It was awesome. And waking up without a hangover on Jan 1st......priceless!
Today was back to job hunting. I got a call back and an interview set up for Wednesday at 2:00. Woohoo! I am soooo happy about that. I think it would be a great job for me........and I will have the pressure off me from my husband to get a job. :wink: We're hurting financially for sure.
Keeping my head on straight, working step 2 and journaling. It's a good life.

Peacejoy~

Keep it up and good luck with the job interview. The journaling I think really helps I write in it everyday and sometimes up to 5 times a day, when I get down or have a high I write it down, get the bad stuff off the brain and the high makes me smile again.
JudyJersey

Postby Bensober » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:32 am

Been looking for fuller time work again too Peacejoy. The “fear of economic insecurityâ€
Bensober

Postby PeaceJoy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:52 am

I'm up drinking coffee and waiting for my interview. Thanks for the reminder Ben, than I need to keep my Higher Power first and get out of my own way. Fear of economic insecurity is huge for me. My husband and I both are horrible with money management (and don't have a lot of money to manage :lol: ). I read Daily Reflections but was interrupted by my 18 yr old son complaining that we're almost out of coffee and cat food and where are we going to get money to buy more. Things like this are enough to make me want a drink. But I know that is just my addiction looking for an excuse. Cunning, baffling and powerful. Things always work out.
Last night when I was journaling, I was amazed how much things change from day to day.

Hey Dallas, how come the sober calculator doesn't work with Firefox?

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Dallas » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:47 pm

Firefox wasn't around when the Javascript was written. It worked in all other browsers -- and when FF came on the scene -- well... FF wouldn't follow directions! :lol:

If you want to write some Javascript for it that FF can swallow -- be my guest! :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby PeaceJoy » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Me write javascript? That'll be the day! :lol:

Guess what?! I GOT THE JOB!!!! I think it is an excellent job for me and it's a set schedule 6 a.m. - 2 p.m. which means I can attend my evening meetings. I am walking on a cloud right now. I had to take a drug UA which isn't a problem (thank God) and I start on Monday. AA got me here.

I also had a dr. appt today and finally told him that I'm an alcoholic. He's been treating me for over 10 years and had no clue. I was pretty sneaky that way. Plus it helps that I only go to the dr. about once a year on average. My sponsor told me to tell him about it so that he takes that into consideration when prescribing medications. He agreed with this, saying that particularly benzos can be a problem. Who knew?

So 2 good things today. Then later I meet with sponsor for step work and my women's meeting at 6:00. Good times.

Peacejoy
PeaceJoy

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery