- Daily Check-In

Daily Check-In

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Bensober » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:47 pm

Way ter go Peacejoy! I was about to go bang that interviewer over da head if he didn't hire you. I know I would have seconds thoughts about hiring a sister who is all consumed in active alcoholism… Ah but it looks like your sober internal… and who knows… external sober attraction did the job! I say that cause I owe everything good to AA.

Wow! from your post @9:52/am to 5:05/pm how in a New York minute life does change. A line from the Beatles song “A day In The Lifeâ€
Bensober

Postby PeaceJoy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:14 am

Thank Bensober! I really have been seeing my Higher Power work in my life. I realized that a few weeks (or months ago) I was whining to everyone that I needed some structure in my life. Not sure if I talked about it on here or not, but with all the back and forth overnighters taking care of my mom and then being gone a few days a week at the previous job I was tired of not having any structure, not knowing which meetings I could make it to, not being able to really claim a home group. Now I have a set schedule doing work that I will be good at and find rewarding. The pay isn't great but it's what I was making before. So God answered my prayers (whines) and I need to make sure I make the best of it. I have the opportunity to learn better habits, like getting up at 4 a.m. every day. I'm a night owl so that's going to be a challenge. I look forward to it though because I think I will be more productive this way. Structure and organization are two things I seriously lack. My husband works super early hours so he will appreciate me on an earlier schedule too. Might even fix him breakfast on occassion! :wink: Hope he doesn't keel over from shock. LOL

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby merckx » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:26 am

Congrats on the job Peacejoy. Sometimes it takes a while but I have found that the God of my understanding follows through on His promises. Your husband will be thanking the God of his understanding when he wakes up to a hot breakfast!!!

Just checking in today ... especially thankful for my A.A. brothers and sisters ... the ones in town and the ones on this site. This website has been a daily blessing for me!
merckx

Postby Bensober » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:52 am

You got it Sis. Yes structure and organization! Two biggies! Don’t know what Step your on Peacejoy, but this holds true for me and if you do the “Who/Are/Howâ€
Bensober

Postby sunlight » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:01 pm

So happy to hear about the job, PeaceJoy! :D
What a gift it is to be employable and employed today.

Every day I take the actions that I need, to take me where I want to be, even when (especially when) it looks like nothing's happening.

I also do something new every day. This keeps my sobriety fresh and growing.

Have an awesome day. :wink:
sunlight

Postby Toddy » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Let the sunshine in thanks for the reminder

Toddy
Toddy

Postby Bensober » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:20 am

Sunshine.....In!!!!
Bensober

Checking in

Postby JudyJersey » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:30 am

Hello All,

checkeing in today at 68 days sober. It is a snowy morning here in Jersy, coming down good but is not going to last. Sitting at work before starting day and wanted to check in.
The boyfriend isssue - he is being evicted today so he has to move to emergency shelter so he will not be a block away any longer so the will help to stay away from him. We had a restraining order which he violated and i never dropped he went to court for that and has to go back on 26th and P>O. recommended 60 days jail so most likely he will be locked up then he has a drug charge court date for the 13th so I am realizing if he does not want to get straight I am better off without a partner right now to continue to be strong for myself and my boys and to stay sober, one day at a time.

Have a blessed day
Judy :)
JudyJersey

Postby PeaceJoy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:47 am

Be strong Judy! Lean on your Higher Power and ask 'thy will be done'. Now you can get some clarity and peace for yourself without having to worry about him.

I just got a call from the hospital where Mom was admitted during the night. She has end stage cirrhosis of the liver for those of you that I haven't shared that with. So this time it doesn't appear to be anything too serious. Extreme upper abdominal pain. Might be gall bladder. No GI bleed this time. Thank God!

I am doing good. I will go over there but I'm taking care of what I need to take care of first. My Al-Anon habit is to drop everything (my kids, husband, whatever) and rush to her side. I am trying to get better balance and keep MY sobriety at the top of my priority list and realize that I can not save her. She has to want to quit drinking.I actually had planned to go over there today and tomorrow anyway to do some work for her. So I can still do the work and just visit her intermittently at the hospital. Hopefully I can hit a meeting over there. It's about an hour away from my home.

Today I am 8 months sober. :D Life is good.

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby JudyJersey » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:00 am

PeaceJoy wrote:Be strong Judy! Lean on your Higher Power and ask 'thy will be done'. Now you can get some clarity and peace for yourself without having to worry about him.

I just got a call from the hospital where Mom was admitted during the night. She has end stage cirrhosis of the liver for those of you that I haven't shared that with. So this time it doesn't appear to be anything too serious. Extreme upper abdominal pain. Might be gall bladder. No GI bleed this time. Thank God!

I am doing good. I will go over there but I'm taking care of what I need to take care of first. My Al-Anon habit is to drop everything (my kids, husband, whatever) and rush to her side. I am trying to get better balance and keep MY sobriety at the top of my priority list and realize that I can not save her. She has to want to quit drinking.I actually had planned to go over there today and tomorrow anyway to do some work for her. So I can still do the work and just visit her intermittently at the hospital. Hopefully I can hit a meeting over there. It's about an hour away from my home.

Today I am 8 months sober. :D Life is good.

PeaceJoy~

thanks for the words Peacejoy - sorry with your Mom, you have the right attitude about keeping yourself first. Best of luck with everythin you set out to accomplish. We have to remember us first
JudyJersey

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery