- Daily Check-In

Daily Check-In

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Toddy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:06 pm

68 days, 8months, 110days here, what a program, wising all well

Toddy
Toddy

Postby JudyJersey » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Toddy wrote:68 days, 8months, 110days here, what a program, wising all well

Toddy

This site helps a lot and to hear everyone else keeping sober with you is so encouraging. I told women at my group therapy about the site so hopefully they will utalize the way we do.
JudyJersey

Postby sunlight » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Love to hear about your sober times! :D

When I was in very trying emotional situations, I needed to stay close to the fellowship and be among people who were supportive of my desire to stay sober no matter what.
If I was alone, the loony birds nested in my head.
And I wrote, wrote, wrote. Writing is the roto-rooter for my soul.

And when it was late and there was no one to talk to, I'd get on the search section of this site and put in a search word-love,emotions, etc...
There are some powerful posts here, straight from the heart of sober souls.

Your stories help me, and I, in turn, get to share them with others, who also pass it on.

This program and fellowship are inexhaustable! A lifetime isn't long enough to discover and share all the goodness available to us! :D

Keep close. :wink:
Last edited by sunlight on Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunlight

Postby Toddy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:03 pm

110 days only fo me ,Ill get to 8months and 178 days eventually.

Toddhy
Toddy

Postby sunlight » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:46 pm

Thanks for the heads up Toddy! I get it now.

I'm glad when my sunlight is dim, there's the light of you all to see by. :wink:
sunlight

Postby Bensober » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:08 am

Just checkin in! Noticed the different locations we are all from and Sunlights comment “KEEP CLOSEâ€
Bensober

Postby PeaceJoy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Just checking in from my mom's computer. She is still in the hospital. Liver function has seriously deteriorated since she was in hospital in September. She's still actively drinking so it's not surprising. I am trying to seriously keep MY SOBRIETY and my health first. I'm doing the work for her around her house and the errands. Visiting her but not letting myself future trip too far. I'm starting the new job Monday and won't be able to miss any work so we are taking steps to arrange for some home health care if/when she needs it. Emptied her bedroom trash and there were 9 vodka bottles and 13 beer cans. There but for the grace of God go I. I'm keeping in close contact with my sponsor so that, as Sunlight put it so well, the loony birds don't nest in my head.
I'm going home tonight because I need to for me. Mom probably wants me to stay here with her cats but I'm not going to.
Keep on Trudgin'

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Bensober » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:06 am

Checkin in! Been thinking about this situation with your Mom Peacejoy. Thought I would carry this message tou you. Obviously she won’t make it long going this way. Along with the good things in life there always will be what appears to be bad, negative, and/or “problemsâ€
Bensober

Postby PeaceJoy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:21 am

Happy Sunday folks. I'm home and getting ready for my first day at new job tomorrow. I've got to get myself organized and tie up some loose ends. Women's meeting tonight at 6.
Bensober, that was great what you and your friends did for your friend that passed away. It brought tears to my eyes. This disease truly is cunning, baffling and powerful. Mom has not been able to accept that there is a power greater than herself. I am working step 2 right now. I pray I never forget what I'm learning.

Peacejoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Toast » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Best of luck with the job :lol:
Toast

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery