- Daily Check-In

Daily Check-In

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby ccs » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:57 pm

sunlight wrote:The cool thing about working & self-sacrificing myself for others is that it gives my sobriety a color and flavor that even Baskin Robbins doesn't have! And it takes me places no travel agent could dream of.

8) the sunlight is shinin today Luv IT!!!!! 8) thank YOU :)
I LUV THIS PLACE!!!!

Oh hey Y`all its Me Cessie chekin in GOD BLESS and LUV-2-ALL :) :)
ccs

Postby ccs » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:00 pm

just a thought :)

You say: "I'm always worried and frustrated"
God says: "Cast all your cares on ME" (I Peter 5:7)
Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
ccs

Postby Dallas » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:01 pm

PeaceJoy wrote:or I can just try to be a spot of sunlight in the middle of darkness

That's my job. No title needed. And, it's always fulfilling and satisfying to me. :lol: Life seems to be always hiring in that department!

We get back what we give away. The more often I can be a spot of sunlight in darkness -- the more sunlight that shines into my own darkness.

I don't give it away to get it back. I just give it away to give it away -- because that's what I learned to do -- to stay sober. And, it's kind of weired. All this stuff I do -- just to stay sober -- brings so much sunlight and so many wonderful blessings into my life -- unexpectedly -- that it keeps me in amazement.

I get my own spells of darkness. Right now it's physical stuff that I don't seem to be able to do much about. But, I keep trying. Trying is better than dying in my book. :lol: :lol: And, during these physical dark spells I can use all the sunlight that I can give away!

Nothing seems to bless my heart so much -- as when I walk into a store, or a restaurant, or anywhere -- and some young person will be there all cheerful and trying to share sunlight with everyone. Trying to be helpful. Encouraging. And, inspirational. It just totally tickles me all inside me when I encounter those kinds of folks.

So... "Blessed are those -- who bring the Sunlight! For their Lights will always shine!" :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Toddy » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 pm

Ill have4 months next week.

a fellow sho started about the same time I did went out past Monday. Ugh how did I miss the signs etc..., sad day , he told the group tonight, at least he is back

Toddy
Toddy

Postby Bensober » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:04 am

Keep givin up that ice cream Sunlight :P

Ben H
Bensober

Postby JudyJersey » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:51 am

Toddy wrote:Ill have4 months next week.

a fellow sho started about the same time I did went out past Monday. Ugh how did I miss the signs etc..., sad day , he told the group tonight, at least he is back

Toddy

toddy - way to go on the 4 months next week. I am at day 75 and God has been testing me big time but being sober able to make it threw the bumps in the road. Ran out of fuel oil to heat the house on Tuesday no paycheck until Thursday night, Had only 30 bucks used my sober brain and found I could put deisel in it for a temporary fixa and ran back to gas station 3 times with my gas can and problem solved. If drinking would have drank the 30 bucks away and no heat..... more motive to keep this up. Hope all is well with everyone here.
JudyJersey

Postby JudyJersey » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:53 am

PeaceJoy wrote:Happy Sunday folks. I'm home and getting ready for my first day at new job tomorrow. I've got to get myself organized and tie up some loose ends. Women's meeting tonight at 6.
Bensober, that was great what you and your friends did for your friend that passed away. It brought tears to my eyes. This disease truly is cunning, baffling and powerful. Mom has not been able to accept that there is a power greater than herself. I am working step 2 right now. I pray I never forget what I'm learning.

Peacejoy~

Hey PeaceJoy - hope the job is doing well and you are liking it - great attitude you are having with job and your mom.
JudyJersey

Postby PeaceJoy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:56 am

Judy,

Good job problem solving with the fuel situation. I'm about to be at a similar situation but we're on electric. So frustrating. And if I was drinking, I too would drink away my last money (for totally justifiable reasons, right?) and still had no electricity. It's a life skill I'm having to relearn and it's not fun but it's necessary.

I am still at the new job and don't really like the job but it's a job and that's what I need so I am suiting up and showing up. After I get a bit grounded I will look for a better position but right now it would be too stressful to start somewhere else.

I have today and tomorrow off so I am doing errands and have a tremendous amount of housework to do. Ugghhh.....I'm kind of a downer today, aren't I? Sorry about that folks. I will try to get my head straight today.

Peacejoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby sparklek » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:59 am

Judy and Toddy, thanks for being here. We need you. I totally relate to "how did I not see this." It is called alcoholism and as one member told me "it's the only disease that can be kicking you a** and tell you are doing just fine." We can't see until we can see. I am glad I hit a bottom that made me willing to see and listen.

Watching other members come and go has only taught me how unning this disease really is. It has also taught me that I am powerless over alcoholism...period. I can not save anyone. The best I can do is to stay willing to what you all tell me works---the steps.

AA, no matter where I go or what I do, is the most important part of my life. I am so grateful I got to find out what it is I suffer from. I knew something was wrong but just could not see that it was related to alcohol. Even when I was blacking out and totally cars on freeways!

Thank God for AA!
sparklek

Postby Toddy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:50 pm

chatting at a meeting an said to the gal I Have almost 4 months, the wife still hates me son hates me at times still looking for work money gone big trouble but I'm ok. ive learned so much in AA and related self analysis, that despite all im ok, it will get better.

tonight i realized the stteps have been on hold, sponsor got me through 4th step awhile ago and we stopped not sure why?

Not drinking is Not sober got a lot of headwork to do
Toddy

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery