- Daily Check-In

Daily Check-In

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Toast » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:37 pm

Hi Toddy,

Been there but i managed to stay sober.

When we're sick were easy targets for others to blame us for all that they dont like about their own lives. When i was a 'chronic people pleaser' i'd take the blame for everything just so long as it didnt interfere with my drinking. :(

After a while in AA i now know better and have somehow outgrown the need to sell my soul to please other people. After all i was sick at the time and today i'm just so glad to be alive. :D

When members of my family moan at me today i ask them if they're not happy now when are they planning to be? Because where we came from we'd have a brass neck not to be! :lol:
Toast

Postby Toddy » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Share .
Idiom Definitions for 'Brass neck'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Someone who has the brass neck to do something has no sense of shame about what they do.

Thank you Toast. I needed that.God bless and goodnight.

Toddy
Toddy

Postby sparklek » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:24 pm

One thing I was always told when I was new, that is VITAL for a perfectionist like me is "easy does it."

For me it was all about "getting the steps done" and I realize now it was because I had a huge expectation of what "done" was going to look and feel like.

Being in the process of recovery has taught me to be willing...period. I am also learning to be patient with myself as I have found this program to work in two speeds, slow and slower (old timer in my home group use to say this and I wanted to hit him each time when I was new).

Old habits (i.e. character defects) do not die over night for me. I have had to become willing to release them through experience and humble just enough to admit that I need help (praying for the willingness).
sparklek

Postby PeaceJoy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:48 am

Getting ready for work this morning. Establishing new (early) habits and checking in here is one of them. Have a great day everybody!
PeaceJoy

Postby Toast » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Week 2 with the new job, great stuff.

Bringing in some dough does wonders for our self esteem and also keeps the wolf away from the door which is always a good thing. Less things to worry about.

Best regards
Toast

Postby PeaceJoy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:16 pm

Week 2 and still alive and employed. Don't get me wrong.......I've always had a job but this super early shift is new to me. I haven't done that since I was much younger. I'm using earplugs at night to attempt to get to sleep early while teenagers are still awake. Unfortunately my puppy got a hold of one of the florescent pink ear plugs.......we found it a day later........guess where? :roll: The little stinker! LOL
Tonight is my favorite meeting of the week. It's a women's meeting and for me it's much more comfortable. I always feel funny in mixed meetings because I like to talk to people but I always feel like someone will think I'm flirting (I'm married and no way in hell I'm flirting) so I kind of clam up. Though I'm getting more comfortable at one of my mixed meetings, I still am a bit uncomfortable.

Peacejoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Toddy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:57 pm

I left my job to go to detox to start this process havent worked in 6 months ouchouch now I cant find JOB

ugh
Toddy

Postby PeaceJoy » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:12 am

Toddy, hang in there. The right job is out there.

I'm sober and happy this morning in the rainy northwest. :) I have the next 2 days off so I can stay uip past 8. LOL I have a meeting tonight.

I hope you're all staying healthy and sober.

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Bensober » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:56 am

Checkin in! Toddy, “fear of economic insecurity will leave youâ€
Bensober

Postby Bensober » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:23 am

Double check in! That’s so funny Peacejoy. I so relate as far as “co-edâ€
Bensober

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery