- Daily Check-In

Daily Check-In

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby PeaceJoy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:55 am

My alarm went off at 4 a.m. as usual. I got up to find my dog puked up my missing ear plugs. This is not the first time......
I went to put the turkey in the oven before work and my family can take it out when it's done. While I was puttering around the kitchen I discovered a mostly empty fifth of whiskey in my freezer. Right there in front of me. This is the same bottle I found the other day in the closet. I had asked my husband very kindly if he would mind not having alcohol in our home because I am still tempted. He agreed. He rarely drinks so I was surprised he had it at all. So he said he got it out of the closet. I assumed he got rid of it but no, it was in the freezer. I poured it down the sink. I know that Bill W. kept a bottle in his house to remind him he could resist temptation or some such, but that's not where my head is at. I feel that I need my home to be a safe place. I don't want it around here. Especially with 3 teenagers in the house. None of us needs that temptation.
So far I'm not feeling peace or joy or serenity or positivity. Sooooooo I'm going to go do my reading and meditation and ask God to adjust my bad attitutde. :(

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Toast » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:03 am

Hey Ben,

Today its good to know we're all climbing the same mountain, just going different routes that's all but we'll all meet up in the end. :wink:

For me the trick is to keep climbing, as my sponsors keeps saying were guided to AA for peace but not rest. :lol:

Hope everyone has a serene sober sunday :P
Toast

Postby Bensober » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks Toast! Yeah buddy! One Step @ a X! :wink:
Bensober

Postby Bensober » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:38 pm

I have to do the same thing Peacejoy. My [i]“Alcoholic Psychological Maintenance Systemâ€
Bensober

Postby Toast » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:32 pm

Happy monday to one and all! :lol:

Now misfiring on all cylinders and ready to roll for another week in that jungle they call 'normality'! :?

Onwards n Upwards! :P
Toast

Postby Toast » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:40 pm

Anyone heard from our buddy out in Egypt yet? :?

I'm sure she'll be looked after by a power greater than anything else they have out there at the moment. :wink:
Toast

Postby Dallas » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:24 pm

I haven't heard from her. I have heard the news that Internet & cell phone service was shut down. And, that the State Dept. is suggesting all americans to leave, and providing flights out of Egypt. Also heard, that the Egyptian military has been providing protection and care for the American's there.

-----------------------

Checking in! Sane, sober, and getting ready to go get the generator ready and a new snow shovel for the ice storm! Man -- aren't we grateful for global warming! :lol: :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Bensober » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:46 am

Checkin in. She's outta there. As far as I can tell, heading home or closer to family. Sent her a post last night. God's speed is a flowin :lol:

Ben H.
Bensober

Postby PeaceJoy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:25 am

Hello fellow alcoholics! I'm enjoying my 2nd day off and hoping to get some step work in. Yesterday I went to a meeting but didn't really do my homework. Laziness must be one of my character defects. :oops: I'm going to have to work on that. Don't think I called my sponsor either. I think I'lll go do that right now.

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby sparklek » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:36 pm

I am back in Los Angeles and just trying to process the last few days. My Higher Power has again taught me that I have no clue what is coming down the pike but that I am safe in Him. So, I have no clue where anything lies and where my life goes from here. And the meeting I went to this morning helped me to understand that it is ok not to know
sparklek

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery