- Daily Check-In

Daily Check-In

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby PeaceJoy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:26 am

Wow, things keep getting worse in Cairo. I'm so glad you are back home Krystal.

I am up and getting ready for work this morning. I've done my morning readings and meditation. After work I have 3 hours of training that I have to do so it will be a long day.

Last night in a meeting, someone was talking about studies that were done and that 'happy' people regularly have at least 7 hours of *fun* per week. I thought about that and I thought how much *fun* do I have in a week. As with everything mine seems to go in phases. And I seem to have to schedule time for social and personal time or it just gets eaten up with the daily grind. So I am going to try to keep this in mind and schedule more fun time! How about you?

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby sparklek » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Being back from Cairo started peacefully but now I do find myself plagued with guilt wondering if leaving was the right thing. I feel so connected to my coworkers and AA family there and it's hard just watching the news. It's weird how I can damn near guilt myself from enjoying the moments of just quiet and love I am surrounded with! This mind really does look for the worst!

So today I am reading "just for today" and sticking to just allowing myself to enjoy it. Fun sounds like a good idea :)
sparklek

Postby butch » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:49 pm

remember Krystal. "nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God's world by mistake." you are where you are supposed to be at this minute. He is there for all the aa family if they are letting Him.
butch

Postby Bensober » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:15 am

Yes I agree, the math is too complicated for us to figure out. As we focus and STAY in Gods world we will find much of heaven and it is impossible for there to be one mistake.

I relate Krystal to what you may be expierencing as “survivors guiltâ€
Bensober

Postby Toast » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Good to know your safe Sparklek

God bless :lol:
Toast

Postby Toast » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:54 pm

Sometimes i equate getting into AA to be like coming home from a war zone. My nerves were shatter, hadn't slept for months and the paranoia and flashbacks about the car wrecks and burning houses i escaped from were driving me insane! :roll:

Never thought suicide in my life until i quit drinking, then those thoughts plagued me for the first few months in AA until i drank again and almost died. It was then i found God, on a cold frosty night laying on my back on a patch of grass thinking the pilot light inside me was going out and something inside me desperately wanted to live! :o

I knew i was going to meet my maker if i did not change and i was too embarrassed to go in that condition. :oops:

The thought then struck me that if i was going to live at all then stopping drinking was one of the many things i had to do. So i scurried back to AA the next day, not to quit drinking but to stay alive. :?

Thankfully the straight shooters i met the day i came back told me how it really was for folks like me. Not what i wanted to hear then but i've never forgotten it. :shock:

I met one of those same guys last night, hadn't seen him in years. He spoke to me like dirt the day i came back then a few weeks later when he could see i was serious about staying sober this same guy offered me his nice new car to get to meetings when he was going away on holiday? Him trusting me taught me to start trusting myself. I never let him down and i've never gone back out drinking since that day. Now 17 yrs down the line if i can do the same for someone else i will have fullfilled a small part of Gods plan for me on this earth.

We may not he here for a long time so lets make it a good time! :lol:

God bless AA
Toast

Postby Dallas » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:23 pm

God grant me sunny days on warm beaches
Where I can enjoy making changes. :lol:

Wishing you all a warm, sober & sane day!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby PeaceJoy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:53 am

Up, getting ready for work. Have done my morning meditations. Now I need to put the principles into practice as I go about my day. Hope you all are doing well and I hope SOMEBODY gets to sleep in on this fine Saturday morning.

Peacejoy
PeaceJoy

Postby Toast » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:05 am

Happy Sunday, think i'll observe this day of rest by doing just that.

Be well :lol:
Toast

Postby Dallas » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Sober, sane & happy Super Bowl Sunday! It's cold, icy, raining & freezing outside -- but it sure is nice & warm & sunny on the inside of my head. :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery