- Daily Check-In

Daily Check-In

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby PeaceJoy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:45 am

The Packers won, right? :P I didn't watch the game. I was having a hard time and left early for my meeting. I sat in my car and did some journaling and step work. Then the meeting was amazing. I'm so thankful for AA and my sobriety. Today is my 9 month birthday and the tools I've learned already are helping me through some tough times . I'm told by my sponsor not to make any major decisions in the first year or until both of my eyes are pointed in the same direction :shock: . LOL I'm learning that there are so many things in this world that I have absolutely no control over. I'm trying to accept that which I can not change. And I'm learning that there are things I CAN change. I'm still praying for the wisdom to know the difference. AA is changing my life and I am grateful.

Peacejoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Toast » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:47 pm

Well done on your 9 months.

Loved that one about the eyes! :lol:

Be well
Toast

Postby Bensober » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:12 am

Right On Peacejoy! Gongrats! Its a pleasure to honor your sobriety!

Ben H.
Bensober

Postby RichC » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:48 pm

Checkin in.
All is well.
Hope you are all the same.
RichC

Postby Dallas » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:37 am

Checking in. Sane. Sober & reasonably happy. More snow on it's way is what they say. :lol: That's okay w/ me. I've got 3 pounds of ribs slow cooking in the oven tonight so that me and the dogs can watch the snow, they can play in it, I'll have extra time for reading and eating! :lol:

Those ribs will be so tender & tasty they'll fall off the fork and melt in the mouth! :lol:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Bensober » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:35 am

UMMmmUMmmm...Now that’s sobriety Dallas. All “snuouuuoooglyâ€
Bensober

Checking in

Postby JudyJersey » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:42 am

Checking in - still sober - big difference this weekend with the superbowl usually big spread and booze. this year just boys and I still finger foods but no booze. I actually feel asleep before the game was over. No after superbowl hangover felt good.

PeaceJoy congrats on the 9 months.

I would love to see some warmer weather - hate waking up to wind chill that is 8 degrees, ugh

Have a blessed day eveyone
JudyJersey

Postby Bensober » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:45 am

Checkin In! Wow its like we get to celebrate our “non-hangoversâ€
Bensober

Postby Pebbles » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:41 am

Good morning everybody, it's another beautiful day to be sober and really really alive!! :) Have a wonderful day!
Pebbles

Postby Toast » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:52 am

Hi,

Ever get the feeling someones watching over you and yours? :?

Have two lovely grandaughters, aged 5 & 10, live in the same street, both off school right now with colds. Had planned to have them both round for breakfast this morning then take them a trip in the car with me to see a job. Had an old mill with a waterwheel out in the country to survey this morning. As well as the hills there are some spectacular waterfalls at the river next to the old mill. But as luck or God would have it both kids cancelled at the last minute saying they werent up to it. :(

My wife Anne had also planned to come along. Anne also cancelled at the last minute saying she would go see how the kids were. :(

Just before i left home i joked with Anne that i was ' 3 nil down already' as the 3 girls in my life had abandoned me at the last minute. :cry:

So i sets off alone for a 50 mile drive through the countryside on a lovely sunny but frosty morning. i get 2 miles along the narrow country road to where i was going when suddenly ahead of me this car comes skidding broadside around a sharp corner, crosses over the middle of the icy road and takes the entire drivers side off my car! :shock:

The fright was bad enough for a grown man let alone my wife and 2 grandkids! :roll:

So i'm now home, carless but still in one piece. :P

And as my sponsor says, God didnt carry us over all those stormy sea's to drop us in a puddle now! :lol:
Last edited by Toast on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Toast

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery