- Daily Check-In

Daily Check-In

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby Ranman99 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:42 am

I think my sponsor said that on day 8,719 you get your marbles back.

But you have to wait to day 10,950 to be allowed to play with them.

That's a dang fine number though :lol:
Ranman99

Postby Larry H. » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:54 am

Ranman99 wrote:I think my sponsor said that on day 8,719 you get your marbles back.

But you have to wait to day 10,950 to be allowed to play with them.

That's a dang fine number though :lol:

I am on day 12,496 and I still do not have all my marbles back. But on the other hand those of us who are a few bricks short of a full load have more fun than the rest of you. (LOL) :D

Larry,
-------------
Rule 62
Larry H.

Postby Dallas » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:58 pm

:lol: :lol: You guys are funny! I think I stick close with you! For me, fun and laughter are vital essentials for happy sober living. :lol: :lol:

When I was new -- they told me I would be a newcomer for the first five years. At five years, they upped it to ten. And, they just keep upping it. That's okay with me. I don't want to get so old that I start thinking that "I" have an answer and "I" have a solution! :lol: It it ain't "we" it ain't for me. :wink:

Thank God, I didn't get my marbles back! I'm doing all I can to keep from getting them back! I like the new stuff better.

Nice to see you Larry! I've missed you and missed your sharing.

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby PeaceJoy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi AA buddies! I tried the sobriety calendar and it said I have -1900 years. :lol: I have Firefox so I guess it didn't like that.
I got my 4 month coin tonight! I was 4 months on Sept. 7th. I should have gotten sober a week earlier and I'd be 5 months tonight, right? :wink:

I am home with my family tonight. After staying at Mom's house while she was in the hospital I decided to come home this morning because they said Mom wouldn't be discharged today. This afternoon I called her hospital room and lo and behold she was checking out and taking a taxi home in her bath robe and did not want me to come back over. She obviously didn't want me there because she wanted to drink. Fine. I'm about to pull my hair out. I had some Al-Anon moments. Called my sponsor. Called my brother. Thought about buying her a case of vodka and telling her to get it over with.
............Ok I'm not serious. But damnit I'm tired of her going from life or death situation over and again and we all have to drop everything and rush to help her and then get told to go home. Then the next day get called and begged to come back and pick up the pieces.

Enough about her. I'm sober today. I'm home with my kids and husband and I'm gonna go sew and let Mom do her thing. I can't control the situation. Only my higher power can, right?

Nice to see you guys on here. An AA meeting in NYC sounds very exciting! November, please let us know how it goes.

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Ranman99 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:18 am

Nice to hear from you PeaceJoy. With in spirit from here.

The one thing I do keep in mind when managing difficult family issues is that I am useless to everybody if I'm drinking. At least sober I can make a decision and try to do the best I can.

Peace, Love and Joy!!!
Ranman99

Postby PeaceJoy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:40 am

So true Ranman! When I drink all my plans have to center around my drinking. Everything else takes a back seat. I start doing everything half-assed and my priorities just get totally skewed.

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

Postby Dallas » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:03 am

Happy Saturday to all! Just checking in. Sane, sober, healthy and reasonably happy. No problems going on. The 12 Steps are still working for me. :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby Ranman99 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:27 am

All good here going to bed now and off to a group meditation thingy in the morn. Good night 8)
Ranman99

Postby RichC » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:26 pm

Hey All.
Dropped by and decided to say Hey.
RichC

Postby PeaceJoy » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:38 pm

I'm home today. Woohoo! Still sober.

PeaceJoy~
PeaceJoy

PreviousNext

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery