- Serenity

Serenity

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Serenity

Postby Lorraine » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Hey everybody! How's your serenity today? :?:
Lorraine

Postby november6 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:45 pm

heya, hi! my serenity is a bit all over the place, ha! Baby Marlo is teething and we have a bit of cabin fever in this tiny sublet - BUT its a beautiful day here in LA and I got a decent start with morning meditation and check-in on here.. maybe hit a live meeting today:) you?
november6

Serenity

Postby Lorraine » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:10 pm

Ah yessss.....the teething stages! Such fun! I'm sure you've gotten all kinds of input on that, and that teething gel works somewhat...but man, ICE!
Just sucking on an icecube as you hold it while it's dripping all over you, really helps! Better than icecream dripping all over you..ha! (it's cold...and it helps too!)
Yeah, I thought this was you. I thought I'd try this out, since I haven't been attending as many meetings as i would like, due to working alot and my puppy being terribly spoiled. They have yet to allow even the cutest of dogs into many meetings..lol. And he's not feeling so great today, but I really wanna go out to Mark Houston's place and listen to a speaker tonite, so I think I'm gonna chance it.
One of these days I really hope to meet little Marlo! She is such an absolute doll, and I am probably the only one of your friends on FB that keeps commenting on her pics that hasn't met her yet, ha! Oh wellll....I am living vicariously through Kathleen..dying for Jess (daughter) to have one. Hell, I don't even care if she's married at this point. They live together, isn't that good enough? Heck, I didn't get married when I was pregnant with her till I was 8 1/2 months along! (and divorced him a year later! ugh....)
Ok well, you are probably trying to figure out who this is...it's Dana. You don't know me that well, but I did get you to speak at the Western Trails once, remember? I haven't really attended 1313 much since it left Congress, for no particular reason....but if you come flying through here at some point, and I can see sweet Marlo there, let me know, Ok? Take care, and not to worry, chica....this (teething period) too shall pass. I hear she's crawling now....ah, be grateful for the 'crawling only' time!
Lorraine

Postby november6 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:19 pm

Thanks Dana! And YES I remember you asking me to speak at WT! that was an awesome night :) And I had really appretiated it.. and met some people.. so thanks again:) I should bring Marlo by the club when we get back! Glad you are here!!! -Rose
november6

Postby Dallas » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Serenity is in shape! Checked on my condition and it's good too!

Welcome to the site Lorraine! Nice to have you and nice that you're participating. I like it! :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Serenity

Postby Lorraine » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Yay! I'm glad I'm here! But now I'm outta here, cuz I really wanna hear this speaker! Ya'll take care now, ya hear?? (the west texan will never come out of me!)
Lorraine

Postby Dallas » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Enjoy the speaker! Never been to Mark's place -- but I did meet him a couple of times. Sorry about the loss of him. He left us much.
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby november6 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:17 pm

mark was a big part of my AA family - more directly through my mother, my sponsor & her husband (he sponsored him - and my mom as well).. a good legacy he left.. I am glad his center is still going strong! I've seen some really great speakers out there!
november6

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery