- Day 2

Day 2

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Day 2

Postby momo31 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:24 pm

Hello, my name is Mo & I'm new to this forum & sobreity. I have known of my problem for awhile, never acted on getting healthy or even acknowledging it. I found myself in some legal trouble too & unfortunately not the first time. When I was in trouble before I was not interested in getting myself sober, I really didn't think I had a problem, just thought I was one who only got caught.
Over the last few years I started to recognize there was a problem, i wasn't just a "social drinker" that I thought I was. Unfortunately I didn't seek help. I thought if I just maintained low-key drinking at home I would be fine. Also, I have such a large circle of friends that always want to party, I didn't want to catch slack for not drinking. Writing that even makes me feel silly for saying it.
Tonight I will be attending my first AA meeting, well first meeting with true intentions that is. I have to say I'm actually excited about it. I am hoping to finally understand why I've been drinking & hopefully see that there is life without booze. I will admit though, I'm nervous what my friends will think that I'm not drinking anymore.
momo31

Postby Dallas » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:49 pm

Welcome to the site Mo!!! We're all wishing the best for you and I hope you keep coming back!

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery