- Krystal Alcoholic

Krystal Alcoholic

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Postby sunlight » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:39 am

I read that fear is "pre-control".

Made sense to me. Preceeding my manipulative and controlling actions are usually fearful thoughts.

This is where the serenity prayer is a valuable asset, and for me maintaining my serenity is high priority.

I ask God to grant me the serenity first.
Then, I'm able to accept, have the courage and the wisdom.

If I'm in a hornet's nest, ain't nothing happening, cuz God can't get through to me.

God bless you Krystal and keep you safe.
sunlight

Postby Dallas » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:22 pm

You're in my thoughts & prayers Krystal. I'm especially praying for you and all our other bros & sisters in sobriety there. And, also praying that whatever is for the Highest Good of all in Egypt will be done. I don't know what that is -- but, I know One, that does. :wink:

Dallas
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby PeaceJoy » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:50 pm

I will be praying for you too Krystal! Hang in there and post when you can. We'll be waiting!

Peacejoy
PeaceJoy

Postby Bensober » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:54 am

sparklek wrote:There is still yet reason for me to be grateful:
1. I am not drinking.
2. I am not obsessing over drinking
3. I have family and friends that are in my life and give a damn about what happens to me.
4. I get to be aware and make choices for myself.
5. God is my only source.

Love it Krystal! 1-5 simple and grounded. Was in a meeting a long time ago heard a man say “God is in the consciousness of man/womanâ€
Bensober

Postby Bensober » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:30 am

Checking in with you again Krystal. Hope all is well there. Was just doing a late night work out, praying for you, pounding my energy into the heads on my drum kit, and lifting the bars of iron, as I was lifting you up in prayer. Dallas got my mind on prayer and its power. I believe the creator gave us this power to reach him and then eachother…literally. The fellowship of the spirit is very real to me Krystal.

As I pray now, I see and smell cool wind, snowy mountain tops, rain & snow, stars, pine trees, ocean, desert, pyramids, a city, and then your dwelling...I hope you strongly feel its touch upon you.

God Bless Sister,

Ben H.
Bensober

Postby Dallas » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:59 am

Regardless if you are here, or there -- wherever you are -- is where you are and that is where you are! And, there will be a seat being reserved for you! :lol:
Dallas
Site Admin

Postby sparklek » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:18 pm

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I made it out of Cairo today and I am in Germany tonight as I make my way back to family and friends. The last week has been a real experience of having serenity to match clamity. Most of my nights were spent with my coworkers as men of the nieghborhoods took post to watch for looters. I had a constant system of prayer and meditation and when with my peers I tried to be of service even if it meant just listening. I was really surprised at the peace I had.

When phone was turned on I was able to call family and friends. Once the State Dept. warned US citizens to evacuate that was my cue to leave. It was strange as most of my coworkers chose to stay and wait it out, my boss came by to say "this will be over soon and think about the students" and I was still able to keep a clear head and make the best decision for me.

Now this may be obvious for others but I have been a serious people pleaser in the past and have always had trouble feeling intimidated by authority. This time around, my answer was clear and calm.

Each day I prayed for God's will and His guidance. The State Dept. announcement was like an audible answer for me and I knew what to do for me.

I am so grateful that God has allowed me to have this experience but I am also very saddened as I watch a place I have come to love struggle. So many people I love, including some of my AA friends, are in Cairo and will be sitting through the rest of this "process." My prayers are with them.

It was so eerie to watch Tahir Square, a place I frequented meetings with fires, tanks and protestors. Please keep this country and our AA family there in your prayers. God's will be done-en shallah.
sparklek

Postby butch » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:10 pm

so glad you are safe, Krystal!! In God's world, nothing happens by mistake!!
butch

Postby Bensober » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:37 pm

Your Out! I like excitement Krystal. Some of the “most worthyâ€
Bensober

Postby PeaceJoy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:49 am

sparklek wrote:
Now this may be obvious for others but I have been a serious people pleaser in the past and have always had trouble feeling intimidated by authority. This time around, my answer was clear and calm.

Each day I prayed for God's will and His guidance.

Krystal, I can so relate to what you're saying. I am working on those issues as well. Saying no is not easy but we have to save ourselves before we can save the rest of the world, right? You are needed somewhere else and you kept your connection with your God. We're so glad you did!

Peacejoy~
PeaceJoy

Previous

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery