- Hi - I'm MCH and I'm an Alcoholic

Hi - I'm MCH and I'm an Alcoholic

Introduce yourself or read introductions from others!

Hi - I'm MCH and I'm an Alcoholic

Postby MCH » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:52 am

Found this forum, thought I would join and see if I could get and give support.

On Jan 3, 2011 I admitted myself into rehab for the second time. I spent 10 days inpatient , and have been attending IOP since I was discharged. Last time I was treated I did obtain 2 1/2 years before going back out.

Doing things different this time, last time I didn't tell any of my friends that I had a problem. I've changed that, now my closest friends know that I'm in recovery.

I'm also being treated for depression. I'm feeling much better about myself, I was in a pretty bad spot.

Working with a sponsor, and going to two meetings a day.
MCH

Postby sunlight » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:42 pm

Hi MCH and welcome! :D

Just having you join us and share your story helps us and gives us support. But please tell us more about yourself! :wink:

You made me think about how I needed to learn balance in telling people things. I used to either blab everything or else clam up.
There IS a middle road! Not everyone needs to know everything about me ( most people don't care anyway :lol: ) but I do need to let those that I trust know where I am at today.

Taking the steps helps with depression, and living the way I believe God wants me to does too.

Hope you're doing well today.
sunlight

Postby sparklek » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:22 pm

MCH, I am so glad you are here and it does get better. Making the choice to go to rehab sounds like a step in the right direction. This forum has been a great way to stay connected and supported. Keep coming back!
sparklek

Postby Bensober » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:08 am

Welcome MCH!
You will find much that adds value to your personal recovery here. Yes, opening the door so that others can come in is not easy. But staying on guard and trying to protect ourselves from something good turns out to be even harder. Reaching out, asking for help, and being honest is a step in the right direction. Hope your foundation gets built strong from the ground up MCH! We are here…in service to assist with the construction:D

Ben H.
Bensober

Return to Alcoholics and addicts in Recovery